7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 2:12 AM by kavatam RSS

OIM 11gR2 Design Console Access

Ariel_S
      Hello,

Could someone please tell me the minimum admin role(s) required to grant access to the OIM design console?

Thanks!
      Ariel
        • 1. Re: OIM 11gR2 Design Console Access
          Rajiv Dewan
          Change USR_TYPE='End-User Administrator'
          Assign System Administrator Admin Role.

As you have asked the MINIMUM requirement then you can try with assigning one-one Admin Role at a time and try with login.

Organizations > Select Top (Your Organization) > Admin Role > Select Particular Admin Role > Assign > Search User > Add Role to User

Please update the thread when you find the solution. it will help others as well.

-
          Rajiv Dewan
          • 2. Re: OIM 11gR2 Design Console Access
            Ariel_S
            Thank you for your reply Rajiv.

My colleague discovered that in addition to updating USR_TYPE to 'End-User Administrator', the user has to be added to the' Xellerate Users' organization. We've not tested admin roles other than System Administrator; we'll do more testing with this.

If anyone has tried using other admin roles other than System Administrator, your input is most welcome.

Ariel
            • 3. Re: OIM 11gR2 Design Console Access
              Ariel_S
              Hello,

It appears you do not need to assign the System Administrator admin role. You only need to set USR_TYPE to 'End-User Administrator' and the user has to be added to the' Xellerate Users' organization.

Ariel
              • 4. Re: OIM 11gR2 Design Console Access
                kavatam
                Hi All,

I am using OIM 11g R2. OIM is running on linux server and Design console is intalled and accessing from windows machine. Able to login the 'xelsysadm' from design Console.

Not able to login from design console for 'oimadmin' user (user created by me).

Executed the following steps,
                1) has given 'system Adminstrator' role from top(organization) -> Admin Role -> assigned 'System Adminstrator' Role to 'oimadmin' user.
                2) User is 'Xellerate User' organization.
                3) Changed User_Type from 'End-user' to 'End-user Administrator'
                4) Restarted OIM server.

Still 'oimadmin' user is not able to login.

I would sincerely appreciate, solution for this.

Thanks in advance.
                • 5. Re: OIM 11gR2 Design Console Access
                  user9212679
                  Please check the usr_type value in database

it should be 'End-User Administrator' not End-user Administrator
                  • 6. Re: OIM 11gR2 Design Console Access
                    Karthik Perath
                    Check this ID 1527454.1 in oracle support.
                    • 7. Re: OIM 11gR2 Design Console Access
                      kavatam
                      All the changes I made are correct - 1) assign user 'Systme Administrator' Role from admin console. 2) set USR_TYE='End-User Administrator'.

Restarted OIM server and It didnt work yesterday.

Today I restarted Weblogic Admin and OIM server . It worked :)

As a verfication, created one more user, performed step 1 & 2, restarted only OIM server. It worked.....

Don't know y it did not work yesterday.

So, Better restart Weblogic server also, if its not working only with OIM server restart.

Cheers :) :) :)

Edited by: kavatam on Mar 21, 2013 12:12 AM