This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 12:49 PM by SleepDeprivedInSeattle RSS

APEX 4.1 Tabular Form - Add row does not add row

SleepDeprivedInSeattle Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have a form which I upgraded from APEX 3.2 to 4.1 (4.1.0.00.32). On the page, there is a date range which allows the user to limit the number of items being displayed in the tabular form.
If the user as at least 1 row displayed (ie. the starting date is yesterday and end is today), they can add more rows to the tabular form.
But if the range returns zero rows, they cannot add a new row. When I view the debug, I see:

0.05757     0.00057     ...Process "Add Rows" - Type: ADD_ROWS_TO_TABULAR_FORM     
0.05814     0.00070     ......Skip because tabular form doesn't contain rows

Well of course it doesn't contain row. The table has rows but the current form does not.

This used to work in 3.2 - but now in 4.1 it doesn't.

Is there something on my tabular form I need to add?

BTW - the tabular form was generated by the wizard and I only modified the select script to limit the number of days being displayed.

Thank you in advance.

-- Confused in Seattle...
  • 1. Re: APEX 4.1 Tabular Form - Add row does not add row
    Prabodh Guru
    Hi,
    I have a form which I upgraded from APEX 3.2 to 4.1 (4.1.0.00.32). On the page, there is a date range which allows the user to limit the number of items being displayed in the tabular form.
    If the user as at least 1 row displayed (ie. the starting date is yesterday and end is today), they can add more rows to the tabular form.
    But if the range returns zero rows, they cannot add a new row. When I view the debug, I see:

0.05757 0.00057 ...Process "Add Rows" - Type: ADD_ROWS_TO_TABULAR_FORM
    0.05814 0.00070 ......Skip because tabular form doesn't contain rows

Well of course it doesn't contain row. The table has rows but the current form does not.

This used to work in 3.2 - but now in 4.1 it doesn't.

Is there something on my tabular form I need to add?

BTW - the tabular form was generated by the wizard and I only modified the select script to limit the number of days being displayed.
    >

The tabular form Add Row functionality was significantly changed in 4.0. The Add Row button now does not submit the page , rowid support has been introduced etc.
    I could not locate a suitable document / resource for this. You may try searching this forum for this.
    I believe it is one of changed features that is affecting you.

Cheers,
  • 2. Re: APEX 4.1 Tabular Form - Add row does not add row
    evrm Pro
    Hi,

in Apex 4.0 the AddRow functionality has been replaced by a client-side javascript function.
    You have to change the AddRow button function as follows:
    - change the button action to "Redirect to URL" with a target javascript:addRow();
    - remove the MRU process which is bound to the button AddRow
    - remove the process AddRows

regards,
    Erik-jan
  • 3. Re: APEX 4.1 Tabular Form - Add row does not add row
    SleepDeprivedInSeattle Newbie
    Thank you - that was the problem!!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points