942420 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear Team,

I have following setup:-
We are using oracle database 11gR2
Oracle Forms & reports : 11.1.2
O.S : Windows 7 Professional

We have migrated oracle forms version from 6i to 11g

In oracle forms 6i in save button's property palette we set access key as 'S', so when we press alt+S cursor move to save button, same is not working in oracle forms 11g.

What changes I have to made in new version so that after pressing alt+S cursor will move to save button.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
  • 1. Re: To set access key for push button in oracle forms 11g
    Prabodh Guru
    I have following setup:-
    We are using oracle database 11gR2
    Oracle Forms & reports : 11.1.2
    O.S : Windows 7 Professional

We have migrated oracle forms version from 6i to 11g

In oracle forms 6i in save button's property palette we set access key as 'S', so when we press alt+S cursor move to save button, same is not working in oracle forms 11g.

What changes I have to made in new version so that after pressing alt+S cursor will move to save button.

Any help is appreciated.>

You will need to define your custom key map in the key mapping file you use. Typically fmrweb.res or fmrpcweb.res. Edit the file in a text editor and take a look to figure out where you need to make the change.

Cheers,
  • 2. Re: To set access key for push button in oracle forms 11g
    CraigB Guru
    You will need to define your custom key map in the key mapping file you use. Typically fmrweb.res or fmrpcweb.res. Edit the file in a text editor and take a look to figure out where you need to make the change.
    This is wrong! The OP is talking about the Access Key (key mnemonic's) of a button. This has nothing to do with the mapping of keys in the frmweb.res, etc., files.

@parapr, You don't mention the Java version installed and you don't mention if your OS is 32-bit or 64-bit. Likely, this issue could be related to an incompatible Java version. We use Access Keys in our 11g R2 application and they work just fine. Our Java version is 1.6.0_31. If you are using Java 1.7.0 - this version is not yet certified with Oracle Forms and I would recommend you downgrade to 1.6.0 (latest version).

Craig...

Edited by: CraigB on Dec 3, 2012 9:09 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points