1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2012 9:43 PM by 8398219 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Why the index count is different even import completed successfully?
        Dean Gagne-Oracle
        I wonder if it has anything to do with deferred segment creation. I'm just guessing here, but if the lob doesn't really exist because of the deferred segments, would the index be created on them?

My other guess is that these may be cross schema indexes. If you exported just scott's objects, then if scott had indexes on a table in another schema, I would think that those would not be exported (depending on the export mode). Can you run dbms_metadata.get_ddl on those indexes to see what the create statement would be? Something like:

SET PAGESIZE 10000
        SET LONG 90000000
        select dbms_metadata.get_ddl('INDEX', '<NAME>', '<SCHEMA>') FROM SYS.DUAL;

Hope this helps.

Dean
        • 16. Re: Why the index count is different even import completed successfully?
          Hi Dean/Srini,

Please find the below for your reference and let me know if you find any info.

DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('INDEX','SYS_IL0000097735C00007$$','EMP')
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "EMP"."SYS_IL0000097735C00007$$" ON "EMP"."SGMNT_N
          D_20110913" (
          PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255
          STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 NEXT 1048576 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 2147483645
          PCTINCREASE 0 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1
          BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT FLASH_CACHE DEFAULT CELL_FLASH_CACHE DEFAULT)
          TABLESPACE "EMP"
          PARALLEL (DEGREE 0 INSTANCES 0)

Thanks
          Bala
          • 17. Re: Why the index count is different even import completed successfully?
            Srini Chavali-Oracle
            How many rows are in the EMP table ? If the table contains rows, then the deferred segment theory likely will not account for this behavior. I am at a loss to explain the missing indexes. You might want to open an SR on this.

Does the application function normally on the target after the import ?

HTH
            Srini
            • 18. Re: Why the index count is different even import completed successfully?
              Can you post the results of
              select count(*) from user_indexes;
              If the user_indexes count matches with source, then ignore the count discrepency from user_objects/dba_objects.

In 11.2.0.2 , user_objects/dba_objects views ignores Index LOBs. In 11.2.0.3 user_objects/dba_objects views considers Index LOBs
              1 2 Previous Next