This content has been marked as final. Show 17 replies
I have a tabular form that lists documents stored on one of our servers. In an interactive report I can set up a link to those docs using the document number column in the IR. I can't get it to work in the same way on the tabular form. Hopefully the steps of the catalog process will shed light on what may be the problem:
1. User1 catalogs doument using standard form (page 3) on DOC_INFO table.
2. Button on form redirects to Approval Tabular Form (for this example, page 100). This tabular form displays DOCUMENT_NUMBER (display as text saves state), APPROVER (select list), APPROVED(select list), RELEASED (select list) fields among others from DOC_APPRV_DOC table
3. Add Row adds fields in #2 above and other fields
4. User1 selects APPROVER in select list and Adds Row for all additional APPROVERS required
5. User1 hits SUBMIT button
1. User2 opens different page but Approval Tabular Form (for this example, page 200) on same DOC_APPRV_DOC table, restricted to :P101_USERNAME
2. User2 uses APPROVED select list to approve or reject
3. User2 hits SUBMIT button
1. User1 opens Approval Tabular Form (page 100) with User2 (and all other documents requiring approval) results
2. If rejected User1 uses Reset Approval checkbox and select list on User2's tabular form is reset
3. If approved User1 uses Released submit list and and record is deleted from User2's tabular form
User2 ought to be able to review each of these documents on the server. In other parts of my application, an interactive report is used, I've got a case statement in the report creating the link, and have the column itself setup up so that User2 merely clicks on the DOCUMENT_NUMBER on the report and he's redirected to the document itself.
This works fine when set up the same way on the tabular form ONLY THE FIRST TIME a row is added. If I ADD ROW for any additional documents the DOCUMENT_NUMBER field on the tabular form does not populate on User1's form.
The entire process works beautifully if the link is not set up.
Note that from the standard form, the DOCUMENT_NUMBER is sent to a hidden item (default = :P3_DOCUMENT_NUMBER) in a region above the tabular form (page 100). This is then used to populate the DOCUMENT_NUMBER on the tabular form as the default value (:P200_DOCUMENT_NUMBER).
Your thoughts? Thanks in advance!
You need to export your application (with the related database objects - tables etc) into a workspace in apex.oracle.com. If you do not have a workspace in apex.oracle.com, you can request for a free workspace.
In case, exporting the entire application is tedious and cumbersome, you can just code and create the 2 pages to replicate the issue.
You can just create (or export) the tables that you need for the tabular form. You can enter some test data into the tables. You can then create a simple application in apex.oracle.com to replicate the issue.
Or else, can you post the code/logic behind the tabular form? How do you create the link to the document in the tabular form? Please make sure that you enclose the code in code tags (
) so that they look readable.