This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 7:15 AM by William Phelps RSS

Dynamically changing docOrder on a profile

sgcmnk Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I have a profile, which contains an integer metadata field called DocOrder. Is it possible while check - in of a content, to change the DocOrder metadata field of another checked in item

My requirement: This DocOrder specifies the Document Order. May i know how to set the Docorder dynamically while checkin. i.e. if i checkin a content which has a Release date greater than earlier checked in contents on the same profile, then the Docorder of my currently checkin item should be 1 and the other checked in items should dynamically change their docorder accordingly depends on their Release date

May i know is this possible?

Thanks
S. Muthukumaran
  • 1. Re: Dynamically changing docOrder on a profile
    jiri.machotka Guru
    You could also use the answer mentioned in your other thread: Re: Profile - Dynamically make a field required

I wonder, however, if having a separate front-end field is the correct approach here - it sounds more like a back-end parameter (a counter reset with the condition mentioned: if i checkin a content which has a Release date greater than earlier checked in contents on the same profile, then the Docorder of my currently checkin item should be 1 ). In that case you could also use global rules.
  • 2. Re: Dynamically changing docOrder on a profile
    William Phelps Expert
    if i checkin a content which has a Release date greater than earlier checked in contents on the same profile, then the Docorder of my currently checkin item should be 1
    Maybe I'm just missing the real need of the ordering integer field, but simply based on the OP's statement above, doesn't simply returning the items in a search sorted by dInDate descending achieve the exact same result anyway - without even needing the other field (and the messy renumbering of earlier items)?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points