1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 3:34 AM by Kgronau-Oracle Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Oracle Gateway to SQL server - ORA-28511: lost RPC connection to heterogene
        indytoatl
        You were correct about the tnsnames file. I corrected it but still no luck. When I add the ENV line to the listener.ora it won't start anyone. It says syntax error.
        I copied my listener below.

LISTENER =
        (ADDRESS_LIST=
        (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.109.4.200)(PORT=1521))
        )

SID_LIST_LISTENER=
        (SID_LIST=
        (SID_DESC=
        (SID_NAME=dg4msql)
        (ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/product/11.2.0/gateway)
        (ENV="LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/oracle/product/11.2.0/gateway/dg4msql/driver/lib:/home/oracle/product/11.2.0/gateway/lib")
        (PROGRAM=dg4msql)
        )
        )
        • 16. Re: Oracle Gateway to SQL server - ORA-28511: lost RPC connection to heterogene
          Kgronau-Oracle
          It would always be a good idea to copy/paste the error message you're getting....
          Are there spaces in front of each listener line excepto of LISTENER and SID_LIST_LISTENER so that it looks like:

LISTENER =
          <space>(ADDRESS_LIST=
          <space><space>(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.109.4.200)(PORT=1521))
          <space>)

SID_LIST_LISTENER=
          <space>(SID_LIST=
          <space><space>(SID_DESC=
          <space><space><space>(SID_NAME=dg4msql)
          <space><space><space>(ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/product/11.2.0/gateway)
          <space><space><space>(ENV="LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/oracle/product/11.2.0/gateway/dg4msql/driver/lib:/home/oracle/product/11.2.0/gateway/lib")
          <space><space><space>(PROGRAM=dg4msql)
          <space><space>)
          <space>)

?
          1 2 Previous Next