2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 8:07 AM by 642068 RSS

Dependent Select One Choice elements.

Hi! I need to create dependent SOC in my form. So that I can from SOC1 choose value and based on that value I can select from DB values to use in my second SOC2. Hope You understand my use case.

For example, in SOC1 I have values: "BMW", "AUDI". If I choose value "BMW" form SOC1 then in SOC2 I need to see values: "red", ''green". If I choose value "AUDI" from SOC1 then I want to see in SOC2 values: "black" and "white".

Values in SOC1 and SOC2 comes from DB. As I understand I can't use LIST OF VALUES option in VO, because I have not static SOC lists. Am I right. What can I do to implement my use case?

If You have questions, please let me know!

Best regards, Debuger!
        • 1. Re: Dependent Select One Choice elements.
          lucbors
          Hi,

google for "cascading list of values" and you will get several examples.

<quote> "As I understand I can't use LIST OF VALUES option in VO, because I have not static SOC lists"</quote>
          What do you mean by that ? You CAN use List of values with non static lists.....

Regards Luc
          • 2. Re: Dependent Select One Choice elements.
            Hi, lucbors! Thanks a lot about key words. I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXwL2_RP7AQ

It looks good, amd I will try it tomorrow. I do not know about creating and use bind variable in VO that can be used in SOC. I will try it. Thanks. I do not close this topic, because I can still have questions when I try to implement my use case.

Best regards, Debuger!