I'm using Oracle 11.2.0 with defaul setting. I need to upload a dataset in my database which contains a field with swedish character.During loading with sqlldr it is not showing any error message but after loading I'm seeing that is showing box symbols in place of swedish characters. Can you please help me to solve the problem?
Thanks in advance
Regarding to MOS note :
Which Character Set Supports Which Language [ID 62421.1]
AL32UTF8 is supported for Swedish so you need to make sure that Variable at client side is set correctly . Check NLS_LANG for the client.
I used SELECT * FROM NLS_SESSION_PARAMETERS WHERE PARAMETER = 'NLS_LANGUAGE'; to check the 'NLS_LANGUAGE'. It is returning 'AMERICAN' & then I used
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_LANGUAGE=SWEDISH to alter the NLS_LANGUAGE & reupload the data using sqlldr. But I'm still getting junk character for example "ABCD��" please help me
Pl post the complete sqlldr command, the control file, a description of the table, the sqlldr log file, and a sample of the data file. What tool are you using to view the Swedish data in the database ? Pl also post OS details
Thanks in advance
This will make it very tough to troubleshoot. Have you verified that the Swedish data is correct in the input data file ? If so, pl elaborate on how exactly you did so. How is this data file generated ? What is NLS_LANG variable set to when sqlldr is invoked ?
SQL*Loader Example When Loading Data Into A Unicode Character Set (UTF8/AL32UTF8) Database [ID 435128.1]
The correct NLS_LANG in a Microsoft Windows Environment [ID 179133.1]
As requested several times in this thread, please verify datafile's encoding and the NLS_LANG setting (from the client machine where you run sql loader) or CHARACTERSET parameter of control file used by sqlldr.
Also post example of "swedish character".
I have used notepad++,which can be downloadable from http://notepad-plus-plus.org/. Opened the file using notepad++ & set the encoding parameter as "Encode in UTF-8" & saved the file.After that modified the control file by adding "CHARACTERSET UTF8" in the next line of "load data" statement & run the control file using sqlldr command.