This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 7:07 AM by Invinceable (Vince) RSS

Calling web service with Complex Input Parameters

Invinceable (Vince) Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,
I have a jsf fragment with a table of rows that I retrieved from a data control based on a web service. The row of data consists of various data items defined in a xml data type named fuel_log. After the page is displayed, I want to to iterate through each of the rows being displayed and call another web service passing each row of data. The input to the second web service contains a data item named payload. Payload is an xml data type of fuel_log. Here is the code that I have in my backing bean:

public String validateAllFuelLogs() {
DCBindingContainer bindings = (DCBindingContainer) BindingContext.getCurrent().getCurrentBindingsEntry();
DCIteratorBinding iterBind= (DCIteratorBinding) bindings.get("fuel_logIterator");
for (Row row : iterBind.getAllRowsInRange()) {
validateFuelLog((DCDataRow) row);
}

return null;
}

public String validateFuelLog(DCDataRow row) {
BindingContainer bindings = BindingContext.getCurrent().getCurrentBindingsEntry();
OperationBinding operationBinding = bindings.getOperationBinding("validate");
Map operationParms = operationBinding.getParamsMap();
operationParms.put("payload", row.getDataProvider());

Object result = operationBinding.execute();
if (!operationBinding.getErrors().isEmpty()) {
return null;
}
return null;
}

When I debug the code, I get the following errors in the console:

<SOAPProvider> <createComplexPart> Value for parameter 'quantity' cannot be null
<SOAPProvider> <createComplexPart> Value for parameter 'unit_of_measure' cannot be null
<SOAPProvider> <createComplexPart> Value for parameter 'fuel_type' cannot be null

<WebServiceConnectionMessages> <debugExecuteFailure> Failed to execute a SAAJ interaction.
oracle.j2ee.ws.client.jaxws.JRFSOAPFaultException: Client received SOAP Fault from server : null
     at oracle.j2ee.ws.client.jaxws.DispatchImpl.throwJAXWSSoapFaultException(DispatchImpl.java:1040)
additional stack trace info here...

<SOAPProvider> <handleFault> Verify if all the necessary parameter values are provided correctly and confirm to the schema constraints as defined in the WSDL
<SOAPProvider> <handleFault> If the service requires any SOAP headers, Verify that they have been correctly defined in the request
<SOAPProvider> <handleFault> The Web Service may have generated an exception in an attempt to handle the request, and has returned a SOAP fault to indicate that exception.

What is the correct way to copy the row of data from web service 1 to the input payload parameter for web service 2?

I am using J Developer 11.1.1.6.0.

Thanks in advance.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points