4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 7:42 AM by JaiG RSS

OBIEE Oracle VM

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy the OBIEE VM provided by Oracle http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-foundation/obiee-samples-167534.html

I have downloaded all 11 archives (and unzipped them with 7zip), as well as the ovf file. I also have installed VirtualBox on my server (window 2008 R2 Enterprise).

In VirtualBox, I click File/Import Appliance. I select my ovf file, work fine, shows me the settings of the VM. Then when I click Import I get the following error message:
      "
      Failed to import appliance: D:\VM\OracleOBIEE\SampleAppv207_OBI_BP1.ovf
      Could not open the medium storage unit : D:\VM\OracleOBIEE\SampleAppv207_OBI_BP1-disk1.vmdk
      VD: error VERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND opening image file D:\VM\OracleOBIEE\SampleAppv207_OBI_BP1-disk1.vmdk (VERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)
      "

First thing, although my archived unzipped without error, the final file is another zip. When I try to unzip it I have the error: Cannot open as an archive. Am I suppose to change the extension of the result file ?

Second thing, I have installed checksum as recommended on the download page. Except for the last archive (#11), none of them seem to match, like they're all corrupted (althoug I was able to unzip).

Hope someone already went trough with that, couldn't find any help on line.

Thanks for your help,

Cyril