1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 4:28 AM by Jim Smith RSS

how to recreate database with SQL Developer

I have a database with tables and data on one system. I want to basically copy this database with all its tables and data onto another system. How can I do this with SQL Developer? Or can I do this with SQL Developer?

I exported the individual tables into SQL DDL with all the data as inserts, but cannot seem to import this into the new tables. Seems import only allows for excel, csv, tsv, and dsv.

tried to open file but get error :

java.io.IOException: exception loading C:\ARCHIVE\DEV\SQL\ORACLE\EXPORT\export.sql
           at oracle.ide.model.TextNode.openImpl(TextNode.java:530)
           at oracle.ide.model.Node.open(Node.java:974)
           at oracle.ide.model.Node.open(Node.java:922)
           at oracle.ide.model.Node.ensureOpen(Node.java:2132)
           at oracle.ide.model.TextNode.acquireTextBuffer(TextNode.java:732)
           at oracle.ideimpl.editor.EditorManagerImpl.holdOnToBuffer(EditorManagerImpl.java:1316)
           at oracle.ideimpl.editor.EditorManagerImpl.createEditor(EditorManagerImpl.java:1339)
           at oracle.ideimpl.editor.EditorManagerImpl.openEditor(EditorManagerImpl.java:1263)
           at oracle.ide.editor.EditorUtil.openDefaultEditorInFrame(EditorUtil.java:164)
           at oracle.ide.editor.EditorUtil.openExplicitDefaultEditorInFrame(EditorUtil.java:56)
           at oracle.ide.cmd.OpenCommand$1.run(OpenCommand.java:260)
           at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:251)
           at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:701)
           at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:102)
           at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:662)
           at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:660)
           at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
           at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
           at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:671)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:244)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:147)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:139)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:97)
      Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
           at oracle.javatools.buffer.VectorBuffers.addBuffer(VectorBuffers.java:96)
           at oracle.javatools.buffer.EOLNormalizer.process(EOLNormalizer.java:157)
           at oracle.javatools.buffer.EOLNormalizer$ReaderNormalizer.normalizeData(EOLNormalizer.java:307)
           at oracle.javatools.buffer.AbstractTextBuffer.read(AbstractTextBuffer.java:1365)
           at oracle.javatools.buffer.AbstractTextBuffer.read(AbstractTextBuffer.java:1309)
           at oracle.ide.model.TextNode$FacadeTextBuffer.read(TextNode.java:1218)
           at oracle.ide.model.TextNode.loadTextBuffer(TextNode.java:293)
           at oracle.ide.model.TextNode.openImpl(TextNode.java:518)
           ... 24 more
        • 1. Re: how to recreate database with SQL Developer
          Jim Smith
          Atlas77 wrote:
          I have a database with tables and data on one system. I want to basically copy this database with all its tables and data onto another system. How can I do this with SQL Developer? Or can I do this with SQL Developer?

I exported the individual tables into SQL DDL with all the data as inserts, but cannot seem to import this into the new tables. Seems import only allows for excel, csv, tsv, and dsv.
          snip
          Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
               at oracle.javatools.buffer.VectorBuffers.addBuffer(VectorBuffers.java:96)
          snip

The file is too large for SQL Developer to open. Try splitting it up.

You may be better to use the copy database functionality in SQL Developer. Or even the DBMS export and import utilities.