This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 3:16 AM by 972836 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Number(1,0) to Boolean System.Data.MappingException with ODAC ver 112030
    972836 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Thanks for this DNETFX. I have 2x edmx files in my project and I have added the xsd file to the config, then boolean errors (25 of them) go away (at least sometimes) but instead I get the following error (7 of them):

Error 2019: Member Mapping specified is not valid. The type 'Edm.Int16[Nullable=False,DefaultValue=]' of member 'xxx' in type xxx is not compatible with 'OracleEFProvider.number[Nullable=False,DefaultValue=,Precision=1,Scale=0]'

I added <add name="int16" value="edmmapping number(1,0)" /> along with <add name="bool" value="edmmapping number(1,0)" /> to all configs af all of the projects in the solution but I am unable to get rid of this annoying noice...

The reason for the 2x edmx files is that I use one to suck up the database into (input model), then I have created a xml parsing program (schemaMuncher) to beautify the model, removing all caps, underscores etc.. which generates the second model (app model). So all boolean values are of type NUMBER(1,0) in the Oracle database and that translates to Int16 in the intput model and then the schemaMuncher converts those into boolean in the app model. Since I have this mapping configured in the config should those values be of type boolean in the input model?

I have tried everything that is mentioned in this thread but with no avail. Does anyone have suggestions?
  • 16. Re: Number(1,0) to Boolean System.Data.MappingException with ODAC ver 112030
    972836 Newbie
    I manually changed all fields from int16 to boolean where appropriate in the input model. This seems to have resolved the problem. However when I close and re-open the soulution and do a clean build the validation errors start appearing again. I think I need to touch the web.config file to get rid of them.
  • 17. Re: Number(1,0) to Boolean System.Data.MappingException with ODAC ver 112030
    Tridus Journeyer
    There's a highly annoying bug where the developer tools don't read the configuration information for EDMX mappings at design time, which causes these false errors to appear. I've been able to recreate (and eliminate) the bug, but doing so requires having very specific Oracle installation setups that aren't practical in a lot of cases.

No idea when they're going to fix it.
  • 18. Re: Number(1,0) to Boolean System.Data.MappingException with ODAC ver 112030
    703094 Newbie
    Tridus wrote:
    There's a highly annoying bug where the developer tools don't read the configuration information for EDMX mappings at design time, which causes these false errors to appear. I've been able to recreate (and eliminate) the bug, but doing so requires having very specific Oracle installation setups that aren't practical in a lot of cases.

No idea when they're going to fix it.
    Can you explain how you did?
  • 19. Re: Number(1,0) to Boolean System.Data.MappingException with ODAC ver 112030
    Tridus Journeyer
    The short version is that I had to totally wipe out all Oracle software on my machine, and ONLY install the version that has the developer tools, from this page: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/dotnet/utilsoft-086879.html

Installing another client, even in another home, breaks it immediately. So for me it's actually broken again, because the instant client that comes in the ODT download isn't something I can use by itself in my environment (we use the "fat" full Oracle client).

Here's a thread with more details: Re: Rebuild edmx after adding edmmapping section in the app.config
  • 20. Re: Number(1,0) to Boolean System.Data.MappingException with ODAC ver 112030
    972836 Newbie
    I have found that This solution ODAC Beta 3 mapping number(1,0) to Boolean in Entity Framework is the only one that works in my case.

Edited by: Amplus on 5.12.2012 03:15
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points