This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 12:05 PM by 977115 RSS

Not to creat objects(package...) in Apps schema for On Demand?

977115 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We have 10 custom schemas in oracle R12. On demand told not to create any object in apps schema including packages, procedures....
In this case do we have to create all the objects in custom schema and give grant to apps and create synonym in apps for these objects?
For Eg. If we create a package in XXCUSTOM schema, we don't have access to any base tables so

Do we have to prefix apps.<base_table_name) for all the base table that we are using inside the package?

And do we have to create these objects in XBOL for on demand?

Is XBOL having all the grants for base table or do we have to give?

Is there any other way to fix this issue or create objects in XXCUSTOM and grant to apps and give grant to XXCUSTOM for base table?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Not to creat objects(package...) in Apps schema for On Demand?
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    974112 wrote:
    Hi,

We have 10 custom schemas in oracle R12. On demand told not to create any object in apps schema including packages, procedures....
    In this case do we have to create all the objects in custom schema and give grant to apps and create synonym in apps for these objects?
    Correct.
    For Eg. If we create a package in XXCUSTOM schema, we don't have access to any base tables so

Do we have to prefix apps.<base_table_name) for all the base table that we are using inside the package?
    Yes you have to (if no public synonym is created for those objects).
    And do we have to create these objects in XBOL for on demand?

Is XBOL having all the grants for base table or do we have to give?
    What objects you are referring to here?

You can run the script in (SCRIPT: Script to Generate object privilege GRANTS [ID 1020176.6]) to get the list of grants XBOL user has.
    Is there any other way to fix this issue or create objects in XXCUSTOM and grant to apps and give grant to XXCUSTOM for base table?
    Please see the guidelines in these docs/links.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e12897/T302934T458264.htm

Custom Development Standards
    Re: Custom Development Standards

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Not to creat objects(package...) in Apps schema for On Demand?
    977115 Newbie
    Thanks for the answer.

Using base table with Prefix apps and give grants to all apps objects to custom schema
    (I feel prefix method is more work and more time by adding prefix and Grant that object to custom schemas(for eg: 10 different grants on one base table for 10 schema)

Why do we need to have more than one custome schema any advantage haveing more schema?

If we go with On Demand wich one is better method XXCUSTOM schema or BOLINF?

Which one is best approach?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: 974112 on Dec 5, 2012 9:50 AM
  • 3. Re: Not to creat objects(package...) in Apps schema for On Demand?
    974112 wrote:
    Thanks for the answer.

Using base table with Prefix apps and give grants to all apps objects to custom schema
    (I feel prefix method is more work and more time by adding prefix and Grant that object to custom schema)

I would recommend giving grants and using prefix.

You may also give grant select any table to your custom schema user (if you are OK with that) and just use prefixes then.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 4. Re: Not to creat objects(package...) in Apps schema for On Demand?
    977115 Newbie
    You mean to give grants to all object and use apps prefix or give grants to only the objects that I am using(used/will use) in custome packages in custom schema?

Why do we need to have more than one custome schema any advantage haveing more schema?

Thanks in advance.
  • 5. Re: Not to creat objects(package...) in Apps schema for On Demand?
    You mean to give grants to all object and use apps prefix or give grants to only the objects that I am using(used/will use) in custome packages in custom schema?
    Both approaches are correct. The first one is easier and more generic while the latter requires giving more grants whenever we need to use/access a new object in your custom codes.
    I do not see any point in creating more than one custom schema unless you will be creating different applications that need to be integrated with Oracle EBS.

XXCUSTOM.

You may also log a SR and see what Oracle support would suggest.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 6. Re: Not to creat objects(package...) in Apps schema for On Demand?
    977115 Newbie
    Thanks for the information.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points