This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2012 10:27 PM by Osama_Mustafa RSS

Just an idea

Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Gurus

As we all know the world became a small village regarding to technology ,Invention everyday , now we have tables , computers and smartphones , What I suggest here corporate to build Application (APK first)
then for IPhone or vice versa for this forum to able the users ask question and also answered them via smartphone and tablets since we are not in office everyday :) i checked play store ( I have Android Phone ;) ) and there's forum for other sites and its very useful , let's make one for us

any suggestions are welcome

Regards
Osama
  • 1. Re: Just an idea
    EdStevens Guru
    Osama_mustafa wrote:
    Hi Gurus

As we all know the world became a small village regarding to technology ,Invention everyday , now we have tables , computers and smartphones , What I suggest here corporate to build Application (APK first)
    then for IPhone or vice versa for this forum to able the users ask question and also answered them via smartphone and tablets since we are not in office everyday :) i checked play store ( I have Android Phone ;) ) and there's forum for other sites and its very useful , let's make one for us

any suggestions are welcome

Regards
    Osama
    Most people (myself included) spend way too much time on this forum as it is. I'd suggest we all try to be less connected to our devices and more connected to our families. Develop some interests outside of Oracle. Heck, develop some interests outside of "tech". Something that requires/allows you to interact with living, breathing humans -- face to face. Something that allows you to feel the wind and sun on your face (there's an app for that - it's called "go outside", and it doesn't cost a download or a subscription fee. Amazing!). Something that allows you to spend uninterrupted time enjoying something beautiful for the sheer joy and beauty of it.

Years ago, when digital pagers were becoming de rigour, John Dvorak wrote a piece for PC Magazine, pointing out just how few people really needed one. ER doctors were among the few exceptions, just to give some perspective.

Edited by: EdStevens on Dec 5, 2012 7:37 AM
  • 2. Re: Just an idea
    jgarry Guru
    The thing about tablets is they aren't very good for content creation, unless they have a keyboard. Phones also aren't so good, they have such small interfaces everything winds up being twitterfied, not a great way to have technical discussions.

API's are easy. Getting people to create good technical content, including smart questions, is hard.
  • 3. Re: Just an idea
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    I agree with you about that , But what i meant in my Idea is to create something that help people to be connected in this forum , Family is family first important thing in this life , i am not saying to keep online 24H in the day but you can check the content of this forum and keep updated with sections . something called manage time would be useful also
  • 4. Re: Just an idea
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    jgarry wrote:
    The thing about tablets is they aren't very good for content creation, unless they have a keyboard. Phones also aren't so good, they have such small interfaces everything winds up being twitterfied, not a great way to have technical discussions.

API's are easy. Getting people to create good technical content, including smart questions, is hard.
    Let's take market our judge , Ipad , nexus and note 2 , smartphones s3 , iphone 5 .... all of these products sold with huge number i don't think all people looking for keyboard its keep you in touch this is the purpose .
  • 5. Re: Just an idea
    BluShadow Guru Moderator
    Osama_mustafa wrote:
    jgarry wrote:

Let's take market our judge , Ipad , nexus and note 2 , smartphones s3 , iphone 5 .... all of these products sold with huge number i don't think all people looking for keyboard its keep you in touch this is the purpose .
    To keep in touch with those I want, I use facebook and email.

Oracle is my business... not my life.
    Whilst I like a lot of the great guys (and gals boneist ;) ) on these forums for their technical ability and expertise, this isn't a 'social' forum (even if we do have a laugh about something every now and then), so I have absolutely no desire to be connecting to OTN from anything other than my works browser.
  • 6. Re: Just an idea
    EdStevens Guru
    Osama_mustafa wrote:
    I agree with you about that , But what i meant in my Idea is to create something that help people to be connected in this forum , Family is family first important thing in this life , i am not saying to keep online 24H in the day but you can check the content of this forum and keep updated with sections . something called manage time would be useful also
    The more people get 'connected', the LESS able they are to manage their time. They are not willing to turn off their device, and more importantly, they are not able to ignore the 'incoming' signal. And they get so addicted to it (why do you think they call them 'Crackberry') that if the don't get an incoming signal every five minutes, they are checking to see if they missed it.

And if someone is one of those rare individuals who can ignore or turn off their device (manage their time), then what would be the point of such an app? The very nature of it, the very existence of it, is to feed the person who cannot or will not manage their time.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." (George Carlin)
  • 7. Re: Just an idea
    jgarry Guru
    Osama_mustafa wrote:
    jgarry wrote:

The market has spoken: Microsoft is the best software in the world, Facebook is the best application in the world, Google advertising is the new economy.

Let's hang the judge.
  • 8. Re: Just an idea
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    LOL
    I like you're answer , :)
  • 9. Re: Just an idea
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    I always respect you , And I like your answers great guy with great answer . You are totally agree .. and i wish someday i will meet you :) thank you ed
  • 10. Re: Just an idea
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    jgarry wrote:
    Osama_mustafa wrote:
    jgarry wrote:

The market has spoken: Microsoft is the best software in the world, Facebook is the best application in the world, Google advertising is the new economy.

Let's hang the judge.
    Why you want to hang him :)

I Just explain the way how people use technology since you said its not good because keyboard .... ;)
  • 11. Re: Just an idea
    jgarry Guru
    Osama_mustafa wrote:
    jgarry wrote:
    Osama_mustafa wrote:
    jgarry wrote:

Let's hang the judge.
    Why you want to hang him :)
    'Cause he awarded Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg $100B. :p

>
    I Just explain the way how people use technology since you said its not good because keyboard .... ;)
    Yes, and I'm saying it's bad if it makes me slough through rgnt plz hlp me my db S dwn! snd lst uv fixs
  • 12. Re: Just an idea
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    Thank you guys

I want trying to make this Forum better , Begin here is honor for me dealing with professional People :)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points