This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 3:02 PM by ApexSMC RSS

Line marker on top of X-axis

ApexSMC Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Afternoon,

I'm drawing a line marker onto a chart to show upper and lower boundaries. Occasionally my lower boundary is zero, which happens to be where the X-axis is graphed. When this happens I'm unable to see the line marker anymore (the x-axis seems to overwrite this). I've been digging through the AnyChart xml pages but no luck, any ideas?

Thank you!
  • 1. Re: Line marker on top of X-axis
    ApexSMC Journeyer
    Bumping for help!
  • 2. Re: Line marker on top of X-axis
    Hilary Expert
    Hi Aaron,

Are you using a marker series on your chart, or just simply a line? If you use a marker, then it might make it easier to highlight the boundaries with values of zero. If it's easiest, just place a testcase on apex.oracle.com, update this thread with login credentials, and I'd be happy to take a look.

Regards,
    Hilary
  • 3. Re: Line marker on top of X-axis
    ApexSMC Journeyer
    Hi Hilary,

I'm using a marker. Here is what my XML looks like:

<axis_markers>
    <lines>
    <line value="&P2_CROP_WEIGHT_UCL." thickness="2" color="Rgb(200,30,30)" caps="Square" dashed="True">
    <label enables="True" multi_line_align="Center">
    <font color="Rgb(200,30,30)" />
    <format>UCL: ${%Value}{numDecimals:0} </format>
    </label>
    </line>
    <line value="&P2_CROP_WEIGHT_LCL." thickness="2" color="Rgb(200,30,30)" caps="Square" dashed="True">
    <label enables="True" multi_line_align="Center">
    <font color="Rgb(200,30,30)" />
    <format>LCL: ${%Value}{numDecimals:0} </format>
    </label>
    </line>
    </lines>
    </axis_markers>
  • 4. Re: Line marker on top of X-axis
    Hilary Expert
    Hi Aaron,

Thanks for supplying your XML. I've gone through the AnyChart XML reference, and played around with the axis_marker attributes, and I think your best bet is to increase the thickness of the trend line in order to make it stand out from the x-axis line. So based upon the XML you provided, I would change thickness="2" to something like 5 (or higher, depending on how the chart looks), and also look at the option of labelling the trend line, to ensure it stands out to the user of the chart e.g. http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=36648:74. Using a line colour that stands out from the series lines would also be beneficial, which is something I'm sure you've already tried.

Regards,
    Hilary
  • 5. Re: Line marker on top of X-axis
    ApexSMC Journeyer
    Almost forgot about this one :-D Thank you!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points