2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 4:33 PM by svk1965 RSS

Tabular Form Issue with Updates in 4.1

svk1965
      This problem went away for me in 4.2, but I am limited to 4.1 in production. The problem is this:

I have three editable columns in my Tabular Form
      1) I make a change to column 3 and press submit. The values in columns 1 & 2 (that were not changed) are overwritten with null during the update (submit). Column 3 is saved correctly.

I deleted my tabular form and re-created it thinking that I may have trashed something. But it appears that is the way it works. How do I prevent the unchanged editable columns from being overwritten with nulls?
        • 1. Re: Tabular Form Issue with Updates in 4.1
          Arie Geller
          Hello Scott,

>> But it appears that is the way it works …

No, it’s definitely not how it works. You can change various updatable cells in your Tabular Form, and all the other untouched cells should retain their original value. Tabular Forms in 4.1 works just the way you expect them to work, and not as you described.

Most likely, this is something unique to your instance. If just deleting the Tabular Form region is not enough, try to redefine the entire page.

Regards,
          Arie.

-------------------------------------------------------
          ♦ Please remember to mark appropriate posts as correct/helpful. For the long run, it will benefit us all.

♦ Author of Oracle Application Express 3.2 – The Essentials and More
          • 2. Re: Tabular Form Issue with Updates in 4.1
            svk1965
            Hello Arie:

Thanks for your response. I created a new page in a new app and the problem I mentioned above is still happening. We use Revion.com for our Oracle Apex hosting so I don't have access to the installation. Perhaps I should open up a ticket with Revion then since I can re-create the issue.

Regards,
            Scott