This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 12:48 AM by 965124 RSS

B Publisher 11G guest login issue

965124 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello All,

Tired of searching the poor documentation of Oracle BIP, I have reached this forum for some help

I changed the catalog type in BIP so that BIP does not share the catalog of OBIEE anymore. I restarted the server after this. This enabled the check box to set the guest folder name.
The problem is that I am not able to see the Shared folders any more. If I log in as an administrator, I am only allowed to create the folders in my own folders. So basically, I am not able to create a guest folder. When I login as guest, I am not able to see any folders

Any help is appretiated

Regards
  • 1. Re: B Publisher 11G guest login issue
    335900 Newbie
    What is your security model ?
    If you use Fusion Middleware Security Model, please make sure that you assign correct catalog permissions on your share folders.

See below for catalog permissions details:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21043_01/bi.1111/e13880/T539768T526688.htm#T565061
  • 2. Re: B Publisher 11G guest login issue
    965124 Newbie
    Hello hidekoji,

Thanks for your reply

The documentation given by you , under 'Granting Catalog Permissions' heading says that permissions cannot be granted on the shared folder.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21043_01/bi.1111/e13880/T526682T559093.htm#biag_2 documentation under 'Granting the BIAdministrator Role Catalog Permissions' heading says that before a BIAdministrator can manage Shared Folders the BIAdministrator role must grant to the BIAdministrator role Write and Delete permissions on the Shared Folders node.

The point is that how can anyone give permission on a folder if the folder is not visible. Again as pointed out earlier, the documentation clearly says that Permissions cannot be granted on the root Shared folder.

These sounds like a dead lock to me. Please help me understand this

Yes I am using Fusion Middleware security model

Regards
  • 3. Re: B Publisher 11G guest login issue
    965124 Newbie
    Again, http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21043_01/bi.1111/e13880/T526682T559093.htm#biag_2 under 'Granting the BIAdministrator Role Catalog Permissions' heading says that the administrator is given read only access on the catalog. Catalog obviously includes the shared folder as well. My problem is that the shared folder is not visible at all after I change the catalog type to BI Publisher repository. I did this because if the catalog is shared with OBIEE then the guest access cannot be configured. This is also mentioned in one of the documentations

Regards,
  • 4. Re: B Publisher 11G guest login issue
    965124 Newbie
    Request your help

Regards
  • 5. Re: B Publisher 11G guest login issue
    335900 Newbie
    It could be some configuration issue.
    Please provide following information.

1) Please share your xmlp-server-config.xml files

mw_home/user_projects/domains/bifoundation_domain/config/bipublisher/xmlp-server-config.xml

also there should be one more xmlp-server-config.xml <BIP_Repository>/Admin/Configuration

2) Please share your security.xml

The file is locaed in <BIP_Repository>/Admin/Security

3) Please set TRACE:32 as your log level, reproduce the issue, and share your bipublisher.log file

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23549_01/bi.1111/e13880/T526682T542464.htm
    http://www.adivaconsulting.com/adiva-blog/item/16-enable-debugging-for-obiee-11g
  • 6. Re: B Publisher 11G guest login issue
    965124 Newbie
    mw_home/user_projects/domains/bifoundation_domain/config/bipublisher/xmlp-server-config.xml

<?xml version = '1.0' encoding = 'UTF-8'?>
    <xmlpConfig xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/oxp/xmlp">
    <resource>
    <file path="<path set by me in BIP administration without angle brackets>"/>
    </resource>
    <config>
    <file path="${xdo.server.config.dir}/repository"/>
    </config>
    </xmlpConfig>

--<BIP_Repository>/Admin/Configuration

<xmlpConfig xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/oxp/xmlp">
    <property name="SAW_SERVER" value="@HOST_NAME"/>
    <property name="SAW_SESSION_TIMEOUT" value="90"/>
    <property name="DEBUG_LEVEL" value="exception"/>
    <property name="SAW_PORT" value="9704"/>
    <property name="SAW_PASSWORD" value=""/>
    <property name="SAW_PROTOCOL" value="http"/>
    <property name="SAW_VERSION" value="v6"/>
    <property name="SAW_USERNAME" value=""/>
    <property name="SAW_URL_SUFFIX" value="analytics/saw.dll" />
    <property name="MONITORING_ENABLED" value="false" />
    <property name="MONITORING_DEFAULT_HISTORY_SIZE" value="30" />
    <property name="AUDIT_ENABLED" value="false" />
    <property name="JSESSION_RESET_DISABLED" value="true" />
    <property name="SECURITY_MODEL" value="ORACLE_AS_JPS" />
    </xmlpConfig>

--<BIP_Repository>/Admin/Security/security.xml

<?xml version = '1.0' encoding = 'UTF-8'?>
    <security>
    <policy rolename="BIAdministrator">
    <folderPermission>
    <allow path="/" recursive="true" permissions="oracle.bi.publisher.accessReportOutput,; oracle.bi.publisher.write,; oracle.bi.publisher.scheduleReport,; oracle.bi.publisher.runReportOnline,; oracle.bi.publisher.read,; oracle.bi.publisher.delete,; "/>
    </folderPermission>
    </policy>
    </security>

Thanks for your help

Regards
  • 7. Re: B Publisher 11G guest login issue
    335900 Newbie
    Thank you for your update.
    Just in case, could you please double check if the "<path set by me in BIP administration without angle brackets>" really available on your server ?
    Also, if this is Windows machine, please make sure that you use correct file seprator for your path.

<file path="<path set by me in BIP administration without angle brackets>"/>

Could you please provide bipublisher.log file as well ?
  • 8. Re: B Publisher 11G guest login issue
    965124 Newbie
    Hello Hidekoji,

Thanks for a quick response. The path exists on my machine. I am able to see "My Folders" in the catalog and I am able to save reports in "My Folders" but Shared Folders is not visible. I need Shared folders because I have to create a Guest folder in it.

I checked bipublisher.log and didnt find any change in the log when i click on the Open button to select the folders. I believe, opening the folder sends an AJAX call so the log is not generated

Thanks again for your help

Regards
  • 9. Re: B Publisher 11G guest login issue
    965124 Newbie
    Help
  • 10. Re: B Publisher 11G guest login issue
    335900 Newbie
    I am just curious what exactly your repository looks like, do you see "Reports" folder in your repository ?

Here is some example:

$ cd /<path_to_repository>/repository/
    $ ls
    Admin DemoFiles meta Reports Tools Users

And you should be able to see Reports folder.If you do not have "Reports" folder for some reason, this might be the root cause that you cannot see Shared Folder in BIP Catalog UI.
  • 11. Re: B Publisher 11G guest login issue
    965124 Newbie
    Hello Hidekoji,

I dont have these folders in the new location. I have these folders in the default location of the repository. Do I have to create these folders manually?

Regards,
  • 12. Re: B Publisher 11G guest login issue
    335900 Newbie
    Yes,you need all of them.
    Please make sure to copy them from default location of the repository. If you do not need sample reports, data models, you can remove them if needed.
  • 13. Re: B Publisher 11G guest login issue
    335900 Newbie
    Hi, is your issue resolved after you added required folders ?
  • 14. Re: B Publisher 11G guest login issue
    335900 Newbie
    Is your issue resolved after added required folders ?
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points