This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 11:14 PM by vlsn RSS

Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2

vlsn Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

i am writing my first adf application.when iam running the page it is showing the below error regarding connection pool creation. iam using jdev 11.1.2.2 and oracle 11g XE databse. However i am able to run Applicaiton module alone(Business Components test). Please suggest what is going wrong with my configuration.

<Dec 4, 2012 12:30:48 AM IST> <Error> <Deployer> <BEA-149265> <Failure occurred in the execution of deployment request with ID '1354561237538' for task '0'. Error is: 'weblogic.application.ModuleException: '
weblogic.application.ModuleException:
     at weblogic.jdbc.module.JDBCModule.prepare(JDBCModule.java:302)
     at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:199)
     at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow$1.next(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:517)
     at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:52)
     at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.prepare(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:159)
     Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
Caused By: weblogic.common.ResourceException: weblogic.common.ResourceException: Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was: null
     at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.createResource(ConnectionEnvFactory.java:276)
     at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.makeResources(ResourcePoolImpl.java:1249)
     at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.makeResources(ResourcePoolImpl.java:1166)
     at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.start(ResourcePoolImpl.java:249)
     at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPool.doStart(ConnectionPool.java:1154)
>
<Dec 4, 2012 12:30:48 AM IST> <Warning> <Deployer> <BEA-149004> <Failures were detected while initiating deploy task for application 'HelloWorldApp'.>
<Dec 4, 2012 12:30:48 AM IST> <Warning> <Deployer> <BEA-149078> <Stack trace for message 149004
weblogic.application.ModuleException:
     at weblogic.jdbc.module.JDBCModule.prepare(JDBCModule.java:302)
     at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:199)
     at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow$1.next(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:517)
     at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:52)
     at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.prepare(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:159)
Caused By: weblogic.common.ResourceException: weblogic.common.ResourceException: Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was: null
     at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.createResource(ConnectionEnvFactory.java:276)
     at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.makeResources(ResourcePoolImpl.java:1249)
     at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.makeResources(ResourcePoolImpl.java:1166)
     at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.start(ResourcePoolImpl.java:249)
     at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPool.doStart(ConnectionPool.java:1154)
>
[12:30:48 AM] Deployment cancelled.
[12:30:48 AM] ---- Deployment incomplete ----.
[12:30:48 AM] Remote deployment failed (oracle.jdevimpl.deploy.common.Jsr88RemoteDeployer)
#### Cannot run application HelloWorldApp due to error deploying to IntegratedWebLogicServer.
[Application HelloWorldApp stopped and undeployed from Server Instance IntegratedWebLogicServer]

Thanks
Satya
  • 1. Re: Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2
    Shay Shmeltzer Employee ACE
    Can you try redefining your database connection for the application?
    Also check that under your application properties-> Deployment->WebLogic the checkbox is checked for "auto generate and synchronize WebLogic JDBC Descriptors during deployment"
  • 2. Re: Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2
    vlsn Newbie
    I have verified that the auto generate and synchronize WebLogic JDBC Descriptors during deployment check box has already been checked and i tried to redefine the connection properties.Previously i was specified XE as database SID. Now i thought that is the service name so i changed it to the service name field in the connection properties window. But still it is showing the same issue. for redefining the database properties i did the modifications in .jpx file. Is it the right file iam referring to?

Thanks
    Satya

Edited by: vlsn on Dec 4, 2012 7:37 AM
  • 3. Re: Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2
    vlsn Newbie
    can some one please help me in this . iam unable to proceed further
    thanks
  • 4. Re: Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2
    Can you try creating a new application and see if you run into the same problem there?
  • 5. Re: Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2
    vlsn Newbie
    I did the jdev uninstall ,install again and created the new application .but still the same problem
  • 6. Re: Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2
    When you started the new JDeveloper - did it prompt you to recreate a WebLogic instance - I'm assuming it didn't and just picked up the existing one you had.
    In that case try and remove your C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\JDeveloper\system11.1.2.2.39.61.83.1\DefaultDomain directory
    And restart JDeveloper - then create a new application and test to see if it works.
  • 7. Re: Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2
    vlsn Newbie
    Hi,

Thanks for your help. Now I did the same what you said. deleted the default domain directory. it was prompted me for the weblogic credentials when i am running the new application now. But still it is giving same error.

Thanks
  • 8. Re: Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2
    Is this happening if you are building a new application too?
  • 9. Re: Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2
    vlsn Newbie
    yeah..still iam getting same problem.
  • 10. Re: Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2
    Can you provide the details of the DB connection you defined in JDeveloper including the connection name?
  • 11. Re: Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2
    vlsn Newbie
    Create Connecion In--Application Resorces
    Connection Name- HRConn
    Connection Type--Oracle JDBC
    UserName--hr
    Password--hr
    Driver--thin
    host--localhost
    JDBCPort--1521
    Service Name--XE
  • 12. Re: Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2
    One thing you can try is starting the Weblogic Console at http://localhost:7101/console and see if you can successfully define a JDBC data service from there.
    One other option - install the newer JDeveloper 11.1.2.3 and see if you get better results.
  • 13. Re: Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2
    vlsn Newbie
    While iam trying to configure datasource in weblogic services->datasources windows getting below error.

Message icon - Error Connection test failed.
    Message icon - Error Could not establish a XA connection because of java.lang.NullPointerException
    com.bea.console.utils.jdbc.JDBCUtils.testConnection(JDBCUtils.java:759)
    com.bea.console.actions.jdbc.datasources.createjdbcdatasource.CreateJDBCDataSource.testConnectionConfiguration(CreateJDBCDataSource.java:458)
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowController.invokeActionMethod(FlowController.java:870)
    org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowController.getActionMethodForward(FlowController.java:809)
    org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowController.internalExecute(FlowController.java:478)
    org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowController.internalExecute(PageFlowController.java:306)
    org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowController.execute(FlowController.java:336)
    org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.internal.FlowControllerAction.execute(FlowControllerAction.java:52)
    org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
    org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowRequestProcessor.access$201(PageFlowRequestProcessor.java:97)
    org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowRequestProcessor$ActionRunner.execute(PageFlowRequestProcessor.java:2044)
    org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.interceptor.action.internal.ActionInterceptors$WrapActionInterceptorChain.continueChain(ActionInterceptors.java:64)
    org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.interceptor.action.ActionInterceptor.wrapAction(ActionInterceptor.java:184)
    org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.interceptor.action.internal.ActionInterceptors$WrapActionInterceptorChain.invoke(ActionInterceptors.java:50)
    org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.interceptor.action.internal.ActionInterceptors$WrapActionInterceptorChain.continueChain(ActionInterceptors.java:58)
    org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.interceptor.action.internal.ActionInterceptors.wrapAction(ActionInterceptors.java:87)
  • 14. Re: Unable to run adf application in dev 11.1.2.2
    vlsn Newbie
    I tried with the latest version now.still getting the same error. First i ran the page with out creating any connection and model compoenents then the page ran fine. As and when i created connection and business components getting this error. Seems the problem weblogic unable to connect to the database. yesterday when i tried to create the datasource from the weblogic services, there also got the error related to XA Connection(my previous post).i have installed oracle 11g XE databse in my system.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points