This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 2:47 AM by SteveGlasgow RSS

Design Center - which repository schema?

SteveGlasgow Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Everyone

A silly question, perhaps, but how do I tell which repository I am in from within Design Center itself?

Also, is it possible to change the colour scheme depending on which repository I am in and/or add the repository name to the banner at the top?

A colleague mentioned this was possible but I haven't been able to find any information regarding this. I've gone through Tools > Preferences but I couldn't see anything.

Ta

Steve
  • 1. Re: Design Center - which repository schema?
    David Allan Guru
    If you hover over the connected credentials along the bottom of the designer, the active workspace is shown in the tooltip.
    or
    If you go to Help -> Session properties you can see the workspace connected to.

I have seen some customers create a special named project as a way for them to easily identify if it is their DEV or QA or PROD warehouse, so they will have a dummy DEV_PROJECT in their dev repository, QA_PROJECT in their QA project and PROD_PROJECT in their production.

You can change colors of the client but it is not saved per workspace.
    Cheers
    David
  • 2. Re: Design Center - which repository schema?
    SteveGlasgow Newbie
    Many thanks, Dave. Creating a dummy project explains why there is another unused project in our Production environment.

Edited by: SteveGlasgow on Dec 6, 2012 10:47 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points