This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 11:16 PM by Anton_ RSS

Check if WebLogic domain supports JAX-RPC

Anton_ Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I'm trying to deploy a jax-rpc web sercvice (.ear) into Weblogic Basic Server 10.3.4. It deploys successfully but if I try to call the WSDL from the weblogic console I'm getting an internal server error.The "Test client" is not avaliable either. Other web services (jax-ws) on the same instance work without any problem. I thought it happens because the deprecated jax-rpc is not supportd by default - you have to extend your weblogic domain. I've extended the weblogic domain using Fusion Middleware Configuration Wizard like described for example http://oraclefusionmiddleware11ginfra.blogspot.de/p/configure-ofm-products.html. I've checked "WebLogic Advanced Web Services for JAX-RPC Extension". Unfortunately it doesn't help.

How to check if the weblogic domain supports jax-rpc or not?

This question is related to my other question in JDeveloper forum:

JAX-WS PL/SQL  Web Service with JDeveloper (Weblogic problem)

Thank you in advance for your hints.

Kind regards,
Anton
  • 1. Re: Check if WebLogic domain supports JAX-RPC
    user696 Explorer
    jax-rpc is supported for wls 10.3.4, When you deploy the web service you should be able to check type of web-service under

Deployments-->click on your web service---> under Configuration tab --> generaltab

you should see "Web Service Type:"     which tells you the type of the web service.

Regards,
    Sunil P
  • 2. Re: Check if WebLogic domain supports JAX-RPC
    Anton_ Newbie
    Thanks, I used to check the web service type before posting - it was "JAX-RPC 1.1". Exactly this type of service is not working like I mentioned before.

Right now, I have localized the problem - It has to do with forms cluster. I will open a new thread for that.

Thanks, question still remains, how to check a weblogic domain if extended properly.

Kind regards,
    Anton
  • 3. Re: Check if WebLogic domain supports JAX-RPC
    user696 Explorer
    You need not extend, By Default wls domain supports jax-rpc and jax-ws.
    when you create a domain it should support both you need not do anything specific for jax-rpc or jax-ws other than when you want to use advanced features.

your problem might be different, can you configure the cluster address inside your cluster and see if that makes any difference

Regards,
    Sunil P
  • 4. Re: Check if WebLogic domain supports JAX-RPC
    Anton_ Newbie
    Hello Sunil,

thanks for your answer. You have exactly pointed it out - I'm getting "Cluster address must be set when clustering is enabled". Here is a guy with the same problem

Exception: Cluster address must be set when clustering is enabled

But in my case providing a cluster address doesn't help - after entering a cluster address and redeploying the application I'm getting the same error message. I've entered the cluster address like

"ip:7001" and "dnsname:7001" - both with no success. Actually it is a forms cluster consisting of just 1 node. Could you please provide any hints?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Kind regard,
    Anton

Edit: I've deployed my application to the admin server for testing purposes - it works. It's just not working on the one node forms cluster. However, JAX-WS web services seem to work on forms cluster but not my JAX-RPC web service.
  • 5. Re: Check if WebLogic domain supports JAX-RPC
    user696 Explorer
    How many servers do you have in cluster? Is it 1 if you have one why do you need cluster? is 7001 is port of your Admin server or server running in cluster?

your cluster address should be the listenaddressofserverrunningoncluster:listenportofserverrunningoncluster
    listenaddress1:listenport1,listenaddress2:listenport2;listenaddress3:listenport3.

Regards,
    Sunil P
  • 6. Re: Check if WebLogic domain supports JAX-RPC
    Anton_ Newbie
    Thank you, Sunil, for your answer.
    How many servers do you have in cluster? Is it 1 if you have one why do you need cluster?
    Yes, it's just one server ;-), but I cannot change this.
    is 7001 is port of your Admin server or server running in cluster?
    7001 is the port of the admin server. But I have already tried the port of the forms domain too (means listenaddressofserverrunningoncluster:listenportofserverrunningoncluster) - without success.

Since after providing an cluster address, i have got the same error message as i had before - maybe I am not looking at the appropriate log entry? I access logs in the administration console -> diagnostics -> log files -> ... -> "Server Log" of the forms server.

Since i was able to install my web service on the admin server, it looks like an configuration issue of forms cluster to me.

I would appreciate any hint what to try next.

Kind regard,
    Anton
  • 7. Re: Check if WebLogic domain supports JAX-RPC
    user696 Explorer
    Can you try adding -Dweblogic.wsee.useRequestHost=true to JVM options and configure clusteraddress of managed server and port and test it.
    is there any error inside the logs.

Regards,
    Sunil P
  • 8. Re: Check if WebLogic domain supports JAX-RPC
    Anton_ Newbie
    Thanks for your answer, Sunil. Maybe I will try this trick next time.

Finally I solved it by providing an apporpriate cluster address and restarting the server after that. It was a bit confusing because I did not find something about restarting in the documentation. In addition to that the message after providing an cluster address is somenthing like: "You need to redeploy your application after this change". Nothing about a restart.

Thank you and kind regards,
    Anton
  • 9. Re: Check if WebLogic domain supports JAX-RPC
    user696 Explorer
    You need to restart the servers after you configure cluster address

The address that forms a portion of the URL a client uses to connect to this cluster, and that is used for generating EJB handles and entity EJB failover addresses. (This address may be either a DNS host name that maps to multiple IP addresses or a comma-separated list of single address host names or IP addresses.)

Defines the address to be used by clients to connect to this cluster. This address may be either a DNS host name that maps to multiple IP addresses or a comma separated list of single address host names or IP addresses. If network channels are configured, it is possible to set the cluster address on a per channel basis.

MBean Attribute:
    ClusterMBean.ClusterAddress

Changes take effect after you redeploy the module or restart the server.

Some configuration changes can take effect on the fly, while others require the affected servers to be restarted before they take effect. Configuration changes that can take effect without a server restart are sometimes referred to as dynamic changes; configuration changes that require a server restart are sometimes referred to as non-dynamic changes. In the Administration Console, an attribute that requires a server restart for changes to take effect is marked with this icon:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11035_01/wls100/domain_config/changes.html#wp1119645

Regards,
    Sunil P
  • 10. Re: Check if WebLogic domain supports JAX-RPC
    Anton_ Newbie
    Thanks for clarifying this point, Sunil.
    Changes take effect after you redeploy the module or restart the server.
    It is the "or" what made me think that a restart is not required. Thanks for posting the documentation, it is a very nice explanation. Although I'm struggling with sometimes a bit :-D
    ... are sometimes referred to as dynamic changes
    Thanks and kind regards,
    Anton

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points