This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 1:06 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Oracle Applications EBS 11i Restore.

DBAKamal Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I had some problems in my EBS 11i machines and I restored the whole database and Applications File Systems to other machines with Other hostnames and IP adressses.

I started the database successfully, and then I have to start the Applications.

Does running autoconfig in the Applications nodes resolve the problem ?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Oracle Applications EBS 11i Restore.
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Pl elaborate on the problem you are referring to. This MOS Doc may help

11i: How to change the hostname of an Applications Tier using AutoConfig [ID 341322.1]

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: Oracle Applications EBS 11i Restore.
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    DBAKamal wrote:
    Hello,

I had some problems in my EBS 11i machines and I restored the whole database and Applications File Systems to other machines with Other hostnames and IP adressses.

I started the database successfully, and then I have to start the Applications.

Does running autoconfig in the Applications nodes resolve the problem ?

Thanks
    Since you already restored the files, the procedure in MOS Docs may not work for you. So, you need to edit the application context file and edit the hostname for each context variable and then run AutoConfig.

How to change the hostname and/or port of the Database Tier using AutoConfig [ID 338003.1]
    Using AutoConfig to Manage System Configurations with Oracle Applications 11i [ID 165195.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 3. Re: Oracle Applications EBS 11i Restore.
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Please also make sure you clean FND_NODES table as per (How to get a clean Autoconfig Environment ? [ID 391406.1]) and run AutoConfig again to populate the table with the correct values.

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points