This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 4:54 PM by onedbguru RSS

Application VIP for the Goldengate  OR SCAN VIP

219405 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Instead of using existing/creating new VIP/Application VIP to handle HA for third party applications, can we use SCAN VIP? I need to implement HA solution for our Goldengate implementation.

I already gone through Oracle Whitepaper ID 1313703.1, however I didn't get any direction on whether I can user SCAN VIP instead of VIP.

Thanks,

S Mann
  • 1. Re: Application VIP for the Goldengate  OR SCAN VIP
    onedbguru Pro
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sarab Mann wrote:
    Instead of using existing/creating new VIP/Application VIP to handle HA for third party applications, can we use SCAN VIP? I need to implement HA solution for our Goldengate implementation.

I already gone through Oracle Whitepaper ID 1313703.1, however I didn't get any direction on whether I can user SCAN VIP instead of VIP.
    Per the referenced document, it states that the IP address MUST be determined using DHCP, so if you use GNS/DHCP to determine the IP/VIP/SCAN, then you cannot use SCAN.

The purpose of using the VIP is so that GG can find/reconnect should the initial node become unavailable. SCAN provides that service, therefore, I see nothing that says that you can't use the SCAN address, but I would contact MOS and ask the question.

>
    >
    >
    Thanks,

S Mann

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points