This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 2:27 AM by fac586 RSS

Select list value does not change when page is submitted

chiti Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I have a select list which acts as an input for the report. the page is submitted using a button.
The button is using the branch option "redirect to page in the application". I select the same page.

The issue is when i change to other values the list value takes the first value always

I want to know if the issue is with the button or select list. What needs to be done on this?

Regards
Raj
  • 1. Re: Select list value does not change when page is submitted
    Logaa Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Raj,

    Open the Select list- set the below

    source used: "only when current session state is null ..."
    source type : Database Column
    Value : Column Name

    Process:
    After header : Fetch Row from table name

    When the page loads it will take from the table column and set into the select list.

    Thanks,
    -Loga
  • 2. Re: Select list value does not change when page is submitted
    Prabodh Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apex version ?
    I have a select list which acts as an input for the report. the page is submitted using a button.
    The button is using the branch option "redirect to page in the application". I select the same page.
    >
    Redirecting does not save session state, unless you set the values of page items specifically using the Apex URL sytax.
    1.Change button action to Submit Page
    2.Create an unconditional branch that loops back to the same page.
    >
    The issue is when i change to other values the list value takes the first value always

    I want to know if the issue is with the button or select list. What needs to be done on this?>

    Cheers,
  • 3. Re: Select list value does not change when page is submitted
    chiti Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Prabodh,

    Thanks for your reply.
    I tried as per your suggestion. Now what I require is the report should only show when the button request is passed. I read for submit page action the Button name acts as request.
    so now my report condition is Request=Expression1 and the expression1 value takes the button name say GO.

    The report is not showing but. I checked the session. It has the select list value and the page is also submitted but the report is not shown.

    can you please share your thoughts on this.

    I am using oracle apex 4.1.1

    Regards
    Raj
  • 4. Re: Select list value does not change when page is submitted
    fac586 Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    RajEndiran wrote:

    I tried as per your suggestion. Now what I require is the report should only show when the button request is passed. I read for submit page action the Button name acts as request.
    so now my report condition is Request=Expression1 and the expression1 value takes the button name say GO.

    The report is not showing but. I checked the session. It has the select list value and the page is also submitted but the report is not shown.
    <tt>REQUEST</tt> is cleared before page show processing unless it is set in a branch or URL, therefore it has no value when referenced in your region condition.

    Set the Request attribute in your branch to <tt>&REQUEST.</tt> to make the current request value available during page show processing.
  • 5. Re: Select list value does not change when page is submitted
    chiti Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Perfect.
    Its working now. Thanks much fac586.

    I need one more clarification from your point.
    "REQUEST is cleared before page show processing unless it is set in a branch or URL, therefore it has no value when referenced in your region condition. "

    Is it applicable for buttons or for all the item values.?

    Thanks once again for your valuable information.

    Regards
    Raj
  • 6. Re: Select list value does not change when page is submitted
    fac586 Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    RajEndiran wrote:

    I need one more clarification from your point.
    "REQUEST is cleared before page show processing unless it is set in a branch or URL, therefore it has no value when referenced in your region condition. "

    Is it applicable for buttons or for all the item values.?
    Is what applicable?
  • 7. Re: Select list value does not change when page is submitted
    Joel_C Pro
    Currently Being Moderated
    fac586 wrote:
    RajEndiran wrote:

    I need one more clarification from your point.
    "REQUEST is cleared before page show processing unless it is set in a branch or URL, therefore it has no value when referenced in your region condition. "

    Is it applicable for buttons or for all the item values.?
    Is what applicable?
    I think (s)he is asking whether or not the value of page/application items is cleared prior to the page show processing, to which the answer is, of course, [url: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23903_01/doc/doc.41/e21674/concept_ses_val.htm#BEICHBBG]it depends...

    p.s. thanks Oracle forum support for finally restoring my profile to it's full glory. Only took a week (!) but then it's better than what happened last time (when I lost my old user profile entirely)...
    p.p.s. never change your email address!
  • 8. Re: Select list value does not change when page is submitted
    chiti Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    You are correct Joel.Thanks for your comments

    Fac,
    since you said the button request value is cleared when the page is submitted and to retain it the &request value should be mentioned in branching. similarly wiill the values of other page items like the return value of list box will also be cleared when the page is submitted?

    Regards
    Raj
  • 9. Re: Select list value does not change when page is submitted
    fac586 Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    RajEndiran wrote:

    since you said the button request value is cleared when the page is submitted and to retain it the &request value should be mentioned in branching. similarly wiill the values of other page items like the return value of list box will also be cleared when the page is submitted?
    As Joel says, "It depends". On the item's Source attributes; on whether it's modified by computations or processes; on the session state options in branches or URLs...

Legend

  • Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points