4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 6:54 AM by Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle RSS

[OSB] Presentation of OSB flow?

Veronica
      Hi,

I'm looking for a tool that would present me a OSB service flow, much like BPEL. Where is the service now or where it faulted, much like the BPEL trace page, but with OSB.

I know that if you run a service from OSB console, the tracing is present. But my services uses custom service policies and such, and running them from OSB web console is not an option.

Can you help me out? I've got an idea that there might be something like that in Enterprise Manager, but I can't get throught Oracle marketing babble and I'm not sure if it's right.
        • 1. Re: [OSB] Presentation of OSB flow?
          vladodias
          Hi Veronica,

I don't think there's such a thing for OSB... All you can do is to go to operational settings configurations and enable monitoring and message tracing, it will spit out lots of information but not graphically organised like EM does for BPEL processes...

Cheers,
          Vlad
          • 2. Re: [OSB] Presentation of OSB flow?
            Eric Elzinga
            https://blogs.oracle.com/soacommunity/entry/soa_management_with_enterprise_manager
            SOA Management Pack EE

in the this pack you do have some functionality for the oracle service bus, but i doubt you will see a flow like in bpel.

osb doesn't store his state of processes like bpel does in his dehydration store, so i don't think you will be able to retrieve the executed flow of older process instances
            • 3. Re: [OSB] Presentation of OSB flow?
              Veronica
              Thanks,

Eric, you say I'll not be able to view older instances. Will I be able to see current OSB instances then in SOA Management Pack EE? This document is not clear on that.
              • 4. Re: [OSB] Presentation of OSB flow?
                Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
                OSB is stateless in nature whereas BPEL dehydrates the runtime information in DB. This is why you can see instance trace or audit trail in BPEL however OSB does support auditing but you have to write your own framework on top of it to achieve your requirement.

From OSB doc -
                G.2 Creating an Audit Trail for a Message Flow
                Auditing the entire message flow pipeline during processing is time consuming. However, you can use the reporting action to perform selective auditing of the message flow pipeline during run time. You insert the reporting action at required points in the message flow pipeline and extract the required information. The extracted information may be then stored in a database or sent to the reporting stream to write the auditing report.
                http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/admin.1111/e15867/app_auditing.htm#CHDCDBJJ

To understand the functionality of Reporting in OSB, you may refer -

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/admin.1111/e15867/reporting.htm#OSBAG564

Regards,
                Anuj