This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2012 1:59 PM by chrisk RSS

Help: Installing Forms (FMW) release 1 on Windows 7 x64 Bit

chrisk Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Experts,

I'm attempting to install forms on windows 7 64bit. I have done by homework and found numerous threads on exactly how to do this, but I'm stuck at a peculiar problem that I need some help with.

I'm following the steps outlined in this thread:
Steps - Install Oracle Fusion MiddleWare (R1) In Windows 7

So far I've:
* Downloaded 64 bit JDK,
* Installed weblogic 10.3.5 in new middleware home using "generic" jar installer, and using aforementioned 64 bit JDK
* Downloaded Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.4 x64 bit (V18785 package).

I will also say:
* UAC is disabled
* I'm running as an administrator by default

Here is where I get stuck - I extracted the four zips, and run "setup.exe" under disk1. I go through the prompts, and pick the Middleware home where weblogic is. At the final screen, when I click "install", the installer just closes instantly. No error message, nothing. It just quits. It is not running in the background, or anything like that.

I also have down the following:
* I removed any instances of "Program files (x86)" from my path (replaced with "progra~2")
* I put the 64 bit jdk in "JAVA_HOME" env var

Even after those changes , I get the same result.

If I look in the logs in C:\program files\oracle\inventory , there is a stack trace:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no GetVolumeInfo in java.library.path
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1709)
     at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
     at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1028)
     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.util.others.VolumeAPI.<clinit>(VolumeAPI.java:37)
     at oracle.as.install.template.screens.SpecifyInstallLocnWithMWSpecifactionPage.checkIfFileSystemIsFAT32(SpecifyInstallLocnWithMWSpecifactionPage.java:478)
     at oracle.as.install.template.screens.SpecifyInstallLocnWithMWSpecifactionPage.invokeStandaloneValidations(SpecifyInstallLocnWithMWSpecifactionPage.java:421)
     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.presentation.ui.common.wizard.ModifiedDWizard.doNext(ModifiedDWizard.java:660)
     at oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.BaseWizard$Action.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
     at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
     at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
     at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
     at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
     at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
     at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6263)
     at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
     at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6028)
     at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2041)
     at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4630)
     at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2099)
     at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
     at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4574)
     at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4238)
     at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4168)
     at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2085)
     at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2475)
     at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
     at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
oracle home in validateData is  as
middleWare home in validateData is  C:\Oracle\Forms11Home
needWritableDirectory: true
os_name = Windows 7
Platform = win64
getJavHome Method - middlewareHome: C:\Oracle\Forms11Home
getJavHome Method - weblogicHome: null
getCommandOutput: java version "1.6.0_37"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_37-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.12-b01, mixed mode)
In processErrorMsgStringOracle Home Directory
In processErrorMsgString@SpecifyInstallLocnWithMWSpecifactionPage.m_OracleDirectoryInvalidErrorString
Obtained the single page data..SpecifyInstallLocnWithMWSpecifactionPage
External name..INVALID_ORACLE_DIRECTORY_MSG_STRING
According metalink, that java exception could be caused by "Program files (x86)" being in the path, but it is not for sure. I even ran with only JDK in the path, same results.

Any help or clues would be very appreciated...
  • 1. Re: Help: Installing Forms (FMW) release 1 on Windows 7 x64 Bit
    ccortez Journeyer
    Hi,
    So far I've:
    * Downloaded 64 bit JDK,
    * Installed weblogic 10.3.5 in new middleware home using "generic" jar installer, and using aforementioned 64 bit JDK
    * Downloaded Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.4 x64 bit (V18785 package)
    Have you already install the Forms's Base 11.1.1.2 before try to install 11.1.1.4 patchset??

The 11.1.1.14 it´s a patch and must be applied over 11.1.1.2 installation, in the thread you have provided you can see that 11.1.1.2 is downloaded and then patchset 5 11.1.1.6 is applied. You can apply patch 11.1.1.4 or 11.1.1.6 but the important point is that you need the base 11.1.1.2 before the patch.

Regards
    Carlos
  • 2. Re: Help: Installing Forms (FMW) release 1 on Windows 7 x64 Bit
    chrisk Newbie
    Thank you for your answer - upon looking at it further, I had a typo in my original message. I am installing 11.1.1.2 . The version indicated in my original message was incorrect. (If you notice, the zip file name I reference is the same as the thread I link to), and I verified from Oracle Software Delivery cloud that it is v11.1.1.2 I downloaded and am working with.
  • 3. Re: Help: Installing Forms (FMW) release 1 on Windows 7 x64 Bit
    andrewmy Journeyer
    As you probably figured out from your research, FMV is very sensitive to path names - in the Oracle home locations and any intermediate locations used by the installer.

You likely already checked this, but just on a hunch... did you check that the environment variable TEMP is set to a path that has no spaces or special characters?
  • 4. Re: Help: Installing Forms (FMW) release 1 on Windows 7 x64 Bit
    chrisk Newbie
    I checked and TEMP is set to "C:\Windows\TEMP".

One other thing I noticed - the installer created two "log" files a .log and .out file. The stack trace in my original post was from the .out file. In the .log file, it lists out all the environment variables, and I found a couple interesting entries:
    [2012-12-06T09:46:16.290-08:00] [as] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.as.install.engine] [tid: 10] [ecid: 0000JhlKnDN5qY05zz9DiW1GkDbc000000,0] ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)
    [2012-12-06T09:46:16.293-08:00] [as] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.as.install.engine] [tid: 10] [ecid: 0000JhlKnDN5qY05zz9DiW1GkDbc000000,0] CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
    So I opened up a Command window, and removed these veriables by executing "SET ProgramFiles(x86)=", etc; then launched the installer from the command window. However, it was the exact same result.

I'll keep tinkering around, if anyone has any other suggestions, it would be appreciated!

Edited by: chrisk on Dec 7, 2012 8:23 AM
  • 5. Re: Help: Installing Forms (FMW) release 1 on Windows 7 x64 Bit
    chrisk Newbie
    If anyone else runs into this, I figured out the problem...

The problem was that a registry key (HKLM/Softare/Oracle/inst_loc) was pointing at C:\progra~2\Oracle\inventory, which is for 32-bit applications. I changed that registry key to point to C:\progra~1\Oracle\inventory , re-ran the installer, and it worked.

The "getVolumeInformation" error that appeared in the logs was a red herring and had nothing to do with the problem at all (it appears every time on 64bit installs and can be ignored).

Thanks,

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points