This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 5:10 PM by 977732 RSS

forms builder download

977732 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I've downloaded Oracle 10g express to one laptop and Oracle 11g express to another. I'm attempting to build Forms and reports now.

My questions are the following.

1 Is forms and reports included in either or both of these softwares if it is where and how do I access them and get forms builder screen. if not where do I download them.

2 My book is talking specifically about oracle forms builder is that a seperate software if so can someone give me a download link if not how do I access them from oracle 10g or 11g.

thanks
Ali
  • 1. Re: forms builder download
    ccortez Journeyer
    Hi,
    1 Is forms and reports included in either or both of these softwares if it is where and how do I access them and get forms builder screen. if not where do I download them.
    No, forms and reports are a seperate software
    2 My book is talking specifically about oracle forms builder is that a seperate software if so can someone give me a download link if not how do I access them from oracle 10g or 11g.
    You can download from here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/downloads/index.html

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly :)

Regards
    Carlos
  • 2. Re: forms builder download
    977732 Newbie
    thanks ill try it
  • 3. Re: forms builder download
    977732 Newbie
    I followed the link you gave me. Since I have Oracle 10g for Windows I followed the link to the Oracle Developer Suite 10g.
    There were two components it told me to download. After doing this I attempted to start the setup for the first of the two downloads.
    It gave me an error and said that operating system must be 5.0, 5.1, 5.2 and that the actual was 6.1. It then said some of the components may not have installed correctly would i like to reinstall. I said yes and that problem was corrected. However a new error was raised which said that I had 0MB of swap space and that I needed 1535MB. I tried this process twice with no success.
    Please advise
    Ali

Edited by: 974729 on Dec 3, 2012 5:10 PM
  • 4. Re: forms builder download
    ccortez Journeyer
    It gave me an error and said that operating system must be 5.0, 5.1, 5.2 and that the actual was 6.1
    That is because you are using Windows 7 and Developer suite 10g 10.1.2.0.2 is not certified with windows 7, however Forms 10.1.2.3 is certified, so to correct that you must install 10.1.2.0.2 version with Forms 10.1.2.3's installer. The 10.1.2.3 installer is a patch for Forms installation, this is a trick to install 10.1.2.0.2 version since with 10.1.2.3 installer you will get the same message that complains about the windows version but it will let you continue with the installation.

If you have access to oracle's support you should check note: 559067.1 "How to Install Developer Suite 10.1.2.3 on Windows Vista or Windows 7"

Hope this helps you :)
    If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly

Regards
    Carlos
  • 5. Re: forms builder download
    977732 Newbie
    Unfortunatly I don't have access to oracle support so I can't read their message about this subject.

To make it easier I decided to dowload forms and report to my laptop which has Oracle 11g express database. I followed the same link you gave me and downloaded the version for Oracle 11g. It was begining to initialize however it said before I can use the software I needed to have weblogic installed to my computer. I downloaded weblogic 12c to my computer. half way through the setup an error message inst-07286 poped up and said that I needed weblogic version 10.3.5.0 or it would not install. I then proceded to dowload that version of weblogic to my computer and it failed and gave me and installation error message and said that I had the wrong installer.

I dont have technical support once again so if there is a method to correct this problem I would appreciate you letting me know and if possible please send me an exact link as to what I should download.

best regards
    Ali

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points