This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 32 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2012 4:04 AM by EdStevens Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Beginners help
    962651 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    K first and foremostly, I didn't ask for help, because when I came started this thread, I had a deadline for a RDBMS class final project and fedora could connect to SYS the first time I tried 11g on Fedora 17 and had no problems at all until much later (I was comfortable with MySQL but am now learning PL/ SQL), so if you can help me install Oracle Linux I'd greatly appreciate it, why don't you walk me through the download and disc burning to ensure that I get the right disc content written to Disk and if it doesn't work right away I will post my new and improved bash output, how does that sound?
  • 31. Re: Beginners help
    sb92075 Guru
    1) Install VirtualBox
    2) load pre-configured VM that already contains installed Orace VB

above took me under 15 minutes; which was most download times
  • 32. Re: Beginners help
    EdStevens Guru
    959648 wrote:
    K first and foremostly, I didn't ask for help, because when I came started this thread, I had a deadline for a RDBMS class final project and fedora could connect to SYS the first time I tried 11g on Fedora 17 and had no problems at all until much later (I was comfortable with MySQL but am now learning PL/ SQL), so if you can help me install Oracle Linux I'd greatly appreciate it, why don't you walk me through the download and disc burning to ensure that I get the right disc content written to Disk and if it doesn't work right away I will post my new and improved bash output, how does that sound?
    SB gave you the best advice. In addition to downloading and installing VB, oracle provides pre-built, pre-configured VM's you can download. I've never used them, always roll my own, but it can't be that difficult.

- go to www.oracle.com
    - click on the 'download' tab
    - in the 'popular downloads' column on the right side of the screen, click 'developer vms'
    - read through the descriptions of the various vm's and select the one you want. Notice the 'downloads and instructions' link next to each description.
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points