This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
1) when I add columns and built the record student, how to avoid lost the data?When you build the record, choose option Alter Tables, instead of Create table. This will add the new columns to you table, without recreating it, therefor no data will be lost.
2) after I add columns on record student, does page A still can function properly? I want to make sure at the time I do the enhance the original page still can be user by the other.As long as the new columns are not required this should not effect Page A.
If these are required, make sure they have default values.
1) when I registration a component, how to find out the Folder name?Before registering the component via application designer, log on to PeopleSoft and go to Main Menu > PeopleTools > Portal > Structure and Content. Navigate through the menu structure and find the parent/Folder you want to add your component to. Click on Edit and you will find the folder name. Use this during the component registration wizard in application designer.
2) IF I do something wrong, How do I delete the component that I just created?If you mean the content reference to your component, this can be deleted the through Main Menu > PeopleTools > Portal > Structure and Content using the delete button.
If you mean the actual component, this can be deleted from application designer, using menu File > Delete.
As Hakan explained,
1. Log on to PeopleSoft Online. Go to Main Menu > PeopleTools > Portal > Structure and Content
2. Look for the folder to which you want to add the component.
3. Lets say you want the new component to appear under PeopleTools folder. Look for PeopleTools under the "Folders" scroll and click on "Edit". Copy the "Name" (in this eg; PT_PEOPLETOOLS)
4. Use this as as Folder Name in Component Registration Wizard in App designer.