This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 6:13 AM by bigdelboy Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 15. Re: Not yet Received the Result - New procedures from Oracle
    978669 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,

I also had an exam today at 9 AM and now it's 8 PM and I didn't receive my result neither the e-mail with the instructions on how to retrieve my results.
    That's frustrating!
    Why it's not possible to see your score after you finish the test? This is my question.
    We're not here in highschool where the teacher will look over all the students papers and correct them and come back with the results after 2 days.
    It's all about parsing 60 questions getting some values from some radiosets and checkboxes and apply an algorithm over them. That's not rocket science :)

In my opinion Oracle should take into account that e-mails could not reach their destination therefore they shouldn't use them for sending "the important information". Give the user a link or something instead of an e-mail that's the solution, and show the results right after the exam.

In conclusion I had a really bad experience with my first exam and I still hope I will receive the results someday.
  • 16. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    904344 Newbie
    Hello, just wondered if you have received your result yet? I took my exam at 11am today, finished at 1pm and still don't know whether I failed or passed!
  • 17. Re: Not yet Received the Result (exam result via email - certview)
    bigdelboy Pro
    rxtaylor wrote:
    I had the same issue, no email, waited impatiently for about 2 hours then logged into https://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/ocp_interface.home

After you log in you can see a link (in red) on the top right hand side of screen with 'See My Exam Results Now' which allows you to download the PDF with the result in
    Just to recapture an earlier post that illustrates what should happen when you log into http://certview.oracle.com

It is probably happening like that for a lot of people.

.... For a small number of people it doesnt.

Consider it like trains in Germany or Holland. Usually near perfect timekeeping. But occasionally things go wrong.

In terms of emails going missing that is a common theme for over a year. In the majority of cases this is down to timekeeping.

My only sources are for this are blogs.oracle.com/certification ; this forum (and I sort of only troll about here really), and certification.oracle.com - ( Possibly support - help FAQs might be useful here but the lagging is a little late). In fact current front page at http://certification.oracle.com at the time I write this has loads on links on the right to twitter, facebook, yourtube videos ... etc. and the new exam results delivery topic is currently hot.

The certification team also use twitter and facebook and I can imagine some late breaking bits are there.

While writing this I noticed ....

A video released recently on the blog ... https://blogs.oracle.com/certification/entry/0789 describes whats meant to happen.

I read that video (which you should consider very carefully) as follows:-

** (1) The email you should receive wil only tell you to go look in certview.
    ** (2) That you should receive that email within 60 minutes.

My advice is ....
    ... (a) If you dont get the email look in certview. In fact the email is only going to tell you to look in certview. Therefore spend more effort accessing certview than worrying about the email.
    ... (b) If you dont get the email theiir may be a problem with Oracle.com sending to your email address. Almost certainly this is due to spam filters, and some may be at a level you have no control over. I have seen this problem many times over on ths forum over repsonses from the Oracle Help Line. The same will happen
    ... (c) Be aware I personally believe that the 60 minutes "SLA" may be breached a proportion of the time.
    - This could be a degradation at either the Pearson VUE or Oracle End;
    - If could be test center to Pearson VUE "central" problem. ( And I know this has happened in the past)

If this isn;t working for you: IMHO:

- [0] Look at the video
    - [1] Get certview access sorted first.
    - [2] If you can't do that, or can but are still stuck after a working day + a few hours, raise a support call:
    http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP

But remember if ou are not getting acknowledgements from that by email supply an alternative email address (from another supplier, open to every sort of spam) and note that in your support call.

Note the service reqest number and be prepared to quote it if you raise another call about the same thing.

Remember you are likely to get an automatic ackowledgement email fairll quickly saying if may take a couple of days to look at. This will go to your registered email address, and if that is spam blocked you wont get it. The human reading your request within the week (hopefully) should be able to send to the alterate email address.

( I may - or may not - edit this later for typos). Hopefully it helps a few people.

If you have to rase a
  • 18. Re: Not yet Received the Result - New procedures from Oracle
    978735 Newbie
    Same problem here... Exam yesterday at 2pm and no results till now (8am)... looks really like rocket science :-)

Edited by: 975732 on 07.12.2012 23:20
  • 19. Re: Not yet Received the Result - New procedures from Oracle
    978679 Newbie
    i am also have same problem since yesterday till yet no result no mail nothing moreover on reply by oracle support team
  • 20. Re: Not yet Received the Result - New procedures from Oracle
    978679 Newbie
    check it now i think issue is resolved now got the result
  • 21. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    978758 Newbie
    I gave the exam today.its been over 8 hrs n still no result on mail or certview....its like I have done nothing and lost 8000 rs...can someone help....
  • 22. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    978771 Newbie
    Have the same exact problem...took exam yesterday (friday) 1 PM, now it's saturday 9 PM...cannot access results yet...grrrrr
  • 23. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    563949 Newbie
    Same problem. Passing my exam this morning in France and no mail or update on the exam history on CertView ..
    Are there anybody who got the results by mail ? By certview ? How long after the exam ??
  • 24. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    979084 Newbie
    Exact same problem in France. I finished the exam at 5 pm, 5 hours later, no e-mail. In CertView, link "See my New Exam Results now" displays "You will see your Orace Certification exam results if you have taken any Oracle Certification exam on or after Nov 16th, 2012", but no score report. Thanks!

-- Just got the notification e-mail and access to the results (took a bit more than 5 hours).

Edited by: 976081 on Dec 10, 2012 1:36 PM
  • 25. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    563949 Newbie
    Finished the exam at 12PM in France and received the results through mail alert in CertView at 10:30PM so don't stay on F5 in your mailbox and be patient ;)
  • 26. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Unfortunately, there was a technical issue over the weekend that caused exam results and emails to be delayed. This issue has been fixed and our tech team is working on a solution to help them receive notification of issue more quickly. The system should be back to working the way it was intended to work - you will receive an email within approximately 30 minutes and can click on the link in your email to access your exam results in CertView.

Now, if the email on file is not the email address where you expect to receive emails typically, or if there is a filtering issue with the emails, you may not receive the email. In that case, you can go directly to CertView within 30 minutes and access your exam results.

We apologize for this inconvenience over the weekend and hope that everything is sorted out for you now!

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
  • 27. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    990619 Newbie
    Good day!

I finished the exam 6 hours ago (pearson vue. 1Z0-052), but have not received a letter with score report.
    When I try to check the status of an exam by "See My New Exam Results Now" I've got message:

"You will see your Orace Certification exam results if you have taken any Oracle Certification exam on or after Nov 16th, 2012."

As there is no my exam on the Exam History page. I've check my e-mail at CertView and PearsonVUE account, that's OK.

Does anyone know why I have not received email and When will I receive the test results?

Thank you!
  • 28. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    bigdelboy Pro
    987616 wrote:
    Good day!

I finished the exam 6 hours ago (pearson vue. 1Z0-052), but have not received a letter with score report.
    When I try to check the status of an exam by "See My New Exam Results Now" I've got message:

"You will see your Orace Certification exam results if you have taken any Oracle Certification exam on or after Nov 16th, 2012."

As there is no my exam on the Exam History page. I've check my e-mail at CertView and PearsonVUE account, that's OK.

Does anyone know why I have not received email
    I knows and it is because you will not be sent an email. You must look on certview.
    and When will I receive the test results?
    When will the train arrive from Mumbai ? Will it be late ?

Will my results be delayed getting from Peason VUE to Oracle Certview .... yes sometimes .... today may be a bad day.

>
    987616 wrote:Thank you!

Good day!
    You need to goto this page here:

(exam history in certview)

https://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/ocp_interface.exam_history

1) Check your exam is recorded.
    2) View your score report.
  • 29. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    matthew_morris Expert

It also says in the 'Learn More About This New Process' link:
    http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=638

Recommended Actions:
    If you’ve never logged into CertView, you must authenticate your CertView account BEFORE taking your next exam. This will ensure timely access to exam results.

Since your OTN account is dated today, you did not do that. The results will therefore be delayed getting to you.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points