1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2012 1:04 AM by V. A. Nagpure Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Invalid objects in APPS schema after import. autoconfig failing.
        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
        VinodNagpure wrote:
        We are not changing OS etc. The lost instance contains important data of oracle EBS. We want it back. So we are importing it into another fresh database which will act as our new EBS database. The new database has been created on the same server as the original db. The oracle support has left su confused. They say that we should follow the document 741818.1. They also say that this document assumes that the db is completely recovered, while our db is opened in inconsistent state. And in another SR they have suggested plain export/import without any EBS specific steps !

Regards,
        Vinod
        If you want to export/import, then it has to be EBS specific.

And yes, the export/import assumes that the source database is completed recovered. Export from an inconsistent database will not create a consistent one if you import, and you will have the fix the consistency with the source instance before you export it.

Thanks,
        Hussein
        • 16. Re: Invalid objects in APPS schema after import. autoconfig failing.
          V. A. Nagpure
          Thanks Hussein ! We are following the EBS specific steps now as per the doc 741818.1

Rgds,
          Vinod
          • 17. Re: Invalid objects in APPS schema after import. autoconfig failing.
            V. A. Nagpure
            A question - The database has been opened with allowresetlogs_corruption. I ran autoconfig on db as well as apps tier without any errors. The application tier has started successfully. The concurrent managers, etc. everything is up. In the instance our dev team has some FSG reports and Cheque printing setup. Now as the db as well as apps is up and we need this instance just to transfer the FSG reports and test the cheque printing so that it can be applied on prod, do we really need to do this export and import stuff ? Anyway we would be scrapping this instance once this purpose is served.
            And how can I do a health check to make sure this instance will work sanely for a couple of days ?

Regards,
            Vinod
            • 18. Re: Invalid objects in APPS schema after import. autoconfig failing.
              Srini Chavali-Oracle
              After you successfully opened the database with the underscore parameter, you should shutdown the database, take a complete cold backup, then remove the underscore parameters and see if you can successfully start up the database and use it as needed to extract your setups/data.

HTH
              Srini
              • 19. Re: Invalid objects in APPS schema after import. autoconfig failing.
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                VinodNagpure wrote:
                A question - The database has been opened with allowresetlogs_corruption. I ran autoconfig on db as well as apps tier without any errors. The application tier has started successfully. The concurrent managers, etc. everything is up. In the instance our dev team has some FSG reports and Cheque printing setup. Now as the db as well as apps is up and we need this instance just to transfer the FSG reports and test the cheque printing so that it can be applied on prod, do we really need to do this export and import stuff ? Anyway we would be scrapping this instance once this purpose is served.
                Not necessarily if you have a deployment script to promote those reports directly to prod. If you do not have such a script, then you need to migrate them from dev to prod.
                And how can I do a health check to make sure this instance will work sanely for a couple of days ?
                Keep monitoring the database log file for any errors for the next couple of days and see if you get any errors. If you still have the log file, then you may log a SR and see why your database got corrupted (you will need to upload the alert.log file as we all trace files).

Prevention, Detection and Repair of Database Corruption [ID 76375.1]
                bde_chk_cbo.sql - EBS initialization parameters - Healthcheck [ID 174605.1]

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Health+AND+check&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001
                https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Healthcheck&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks,
                Hussein
                • 20. Re: Invalid objects in APPS schema after import. autoconfig failing.
                  V. A. Nagpure
                  Thanks Srini, Hussein for your reply.
                  In order to get around the ora-01552 : cannot use system rollback segment for non-system tablespace, I had done following:

create tablespace rbs datafile '<put a valid path/filename here>' size 10m autoextend on segment space management manual;

CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT dummy TABLESPACE system;
                  alter rollback segment dummy online;

CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT rbs01 TABLESPACE rbs;
                  alter rollback segment rbs01 online;

After this the error did not appear and I was able to run autoconfig on both db and apps tier and bring up the apps tier successfully.
                  But today I tried to open the db by commenting the following parameter:

CORRUPTEDROLLBACK_SEGMENTS

The db opened, but now I am getting that error again, even after uncommenting this parameter ! Any ideas ?
                  • 21. Re: Invalid objects in APPS schema after import. autoconfig failing.
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    The db opened, but now I am getting that error again, even after uncommenting this parameter ! Any ideas ?
                    Is it about corruption? If yes, please log a SR.

Thanks,
                    Hussein
                    • 22. Re: Invalid objects in APPS schema after import. autoconfig failing.
                      V. A. Nagpure
                      It's gone - that error. I just dropped the undo tablespace I had created and then again followed the above steps and then all went well ! :)
                      1 2 Previous Next