7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2012 11:26 PM by vladodias RSS

SOA-Infra Schema password expired

RK..
      Hi:

My soa_infra schema password got expired, so my DB administrator changed it to a new password rather than resetting it to the same one.

Now when i try to start my weblogic server, it is not starting. Is there any files in the server location where i can go-ahead and change the password of the schema manually? I tried in <DomainHome>/config/jdbc/SOADataSource-jdbc.xml, but in there is a field called <password-encrypted>, changing that field will update the new password? Will that field take the normal value?

How can i take this forward? Do i need to ask my DB to reset it to the same old password?

SOA Suite: 11.1.1.4
      Weblogic: 10.3.4.0

Regards,
      RK

Edited by: RK.. on Dec 9, 2012 5:24 PM
        • 1. Re: SOA-Infra Schema password expired
          Ganesh..
          Hi,
          The password-encrypted field does not take the normal plain password.
          To start the server, you can do one thing : Reset the schema password to the old one. The server will get started. If you want to change the schema password, first modify it in the weblogic administration console and then the actual schema password. You will not encounter any problems going via these steps.
          • 2. Re: SOA-Infra Schema password expired
            vladodias
            RK.. wrote:
            Do i need to ask my DB to reset it to the same old password?
            Either that or you can use a WLST script like the following to change the password in weblogic...
            http://techblog.moerks.dk/2011/10/changing-datasources-in-offline-wlst.html

Cheers,
            Vlad
            • 3. Re: SOA-Infra Schema password expired
              RK..
              If you want to change the schema password, first modify it in the weblogic administration console and then the actual schema password. You will not encounter any problems going via these steps.

Sorry i couldnt understand, where can i change the password for schema for adminstration in Admin console also "_then the actual schema password_" which means?

Regards,
              RK

Edited by: RK.. on 9/12/2012 20:49
              • 4. Re: SOA-Infra Schema password expired
                RK..
                Thanks Vlad:

Can you throw some lights on the information mentioned in the URL.

it says

cd('/JDBCSystemResources/SOADataSource/JdbcResource/SOADataSource/JDBCDriverParams/NO_NAME_0')

What actually is "*NO_NAME_0*" ? Also in the other step it is mentioned as cd('Properties/NO_NAME_0/Property/user') what does it means?

Regards,
                RK
                • 5. Re: SOA-Infra Schema password expired
                  Ganesh..
                  Hi,
                  You can change the schema password (the one which weblogic uses to connect to the data source) in the below link :

Go To Weblogic Administration Console -> Expand Services (under left hand side Domain Structure) -> Data Sources -> SOADataSource -> Connection Pool -> Password
                  • 6. Re: SOA-Infra Schema password expired
                    RK..
                    oh is that all.. after modifying the schema password in Database, this is were we can configure the new password, no need to change anywherelese?
                    If this is the case let me configure and update the same in this thread

Regards,
                    RK
                    • 7. Re: SOA-Infra Schema password expired
                      vladodias
                      Now when i try to start my weblogic server, it is not starting.
                      I thought your server wasn't starting... If you have access to the admin console, just change the password there and that should do it... The solution on the link I've posted will work when you're not able to start the server...

Cheers,
                      Vlad