2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 12:20 AM by 826502 RSS

@XWRITE issue

Hi,

We are facing a strange issue with @XWRITE command. It is not over writing the data to target from source. Our code is this:

SET UPDATECALC OFF;
      SET LOCKBLOCK HIGH ;
      SET CACHE HIGH ;
      SET AGGMISSG ON;

FIX([T_Year], [T_Version],[T_Scenario], "INR", @RELATIVE("Period",0)     )

FIX(@RELATIVE("Entity", 0))
           "PL0056"
           (
                @XWRITE( "PL0056",_FIN_PL_,"PL2056") ;

)
           ENDFIX
      ENDFIX

For example my data:

@source

PL0056     FY18     Version 1     Budget

BegBalance     Apr     May     Jun     Jul     Aug     Sep     Oct     Nov     Dec     Jan     Feb     Mar
      Entity1      #missing     #missing     #missing     100     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing
      Entity2      #missing     #missing     #missing     200     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing
      Entity3      #missing     #missing     #missing     300     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing
      Entity4      #missing     #missing     #missing     400     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing

@Target

PL2056     FY18     Version 1     Budget

BegBalance     Apr     May     Jun     Jul     Aug     Sep     Oct     Nov     Dec     Jan     Feb     Mar
      Entity1      #missing     100     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing
      Entity2      #missing     200     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing
      Entity3      #missing     300     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing
      Entity4      #missing     400     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing     #missing

It is not overwriting the data to Target for Apr.

Now, we changed(Lock and send) the data in Excel Addin for Entity1->BegBalance = 1 and run the rule. Now it is overwriting only for Entity1 not for Entity2, Entity3 and Entity4

Again, we changed the data for Entity2 in excel add in in same way and run the rule and now it is working for Entity2, still not working for Entity3 and Entity4.

This led me to believe that @source the blocks were clean and @Xwrite is not picking up the clean block even though SET UPDATECALC OFF;
      So when I did lock and send(making them dirty), it works.

We are using v11.1.2.1
      Period and Accout are dense and rest parse.
      At point of time, it was working. Now we are getting this issue

Now two questions come to my mind:

1. Why @Xwrite is not picking up the clean block even though SET UPDATECALC OFF; ??
      2. Before running the @XWRITE rule, we run an aggregation rule. So I am thinking a way to mark all the blocks as dirty in my aggregation rules. How can I do that?

or is there something else I am missing??

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: @XWRITE issue
          Dan V
          You may have a block creation issue. If the blocks don't exist, you may need to create them prior to running the XWrite .

I usually do an XREF from the target so that I can first do a datacopy to create the blocks and then pull them over with the XREF.
          • 2. Re: @XWRITE issue
            Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. In our case, the blocks do exist, I am able to see the data in the target in the same intersection. My problem is that I can not overwrite the existing data in the target with #Missing. If I do some lock and send in the source, then it works.

Thanks,