3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 5:27 AM by 921550 RSS

Selective Datacopy

sj1208
      Hi,

I have a scenario where i need to copy data for an account member from one version to another. But the tarted version has got some values already which i dont want to disturb. I just want to update the #Missing values in the target version based on the source version. Please do let me know about the possibilities to achieve this.

thanks,
        • 1. Re: Selective Datacopy
          Hi,

I think Datacopy command in such case won't be that useful as you won't be able write if condition.

I would suggest to write a condition to check if data is present in particular combination and if not then only to copy the data.

There might be some other ways too, to achieve this.

Regards
          • 2. Re: Selective Datacopy
            sj1208
            Hi ,

Thanks for the reply. Yea i too thought that datacopy would not be helpful in this regard. But even to check for conditions, system has 13 dimensions and a large number of combinations are possible, which might not be easy to write as a calc.

Please do let me know if there is any workaround to achieve this. We wont be using any ETL tool.

thanks,
            • 3. Re: Selective Datacopy
              Hi,

I don't think it will require a huge amount of time.

If their are only some accounts with such scenario (preserving data for target version) then they can removed from the DATACOPY fix.

Later fix the remaining accounts alone with any other dimensional combination, if possible and test.

Regards,