This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 4:35 PM by frank.hampshire RSS

Build and run Rules with Jdev Integrated Web Determination Server

978978 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I created the rule using Oracle Policy Modeling (OPM). Then built and deployed with Embedded Tomcat web determination server. Successfully done it.
Now I have to run the same rule under Jdeveloper Integrated Server. As I know, current version of OPM doesn't support any external server other than Tomcat. In that case I have to copy the output from OPM to JDev Integrated server manually.

Let me know the server location where I have to copy the rule from OPM to Jdev Server.

Thanks

Dev
  • 1. Re: Build and run Rules with Jdev Integrated Web Determination Server
    frank.hampshire Expert
    975975 wrote:
    Hi

I created the rule using Oracle Policy Modeling (OPM). Then built and deployed with Embedded Tomcat web determination server. Successfully done it.
    Now I have to run the same rule under Jdeveloper Integrated Server. As I know, current version of OPM doesn't support any external server other than Tomcat. In that case I have to copy the output from OPM to JDev Integrated server manually.

Let me know the server location where I have to copy the rule from OPM to Jdev Server.

Thanks

Dev
    Dev,

The OPA runtimes should run against most Java application servers (see http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/apps-tech/policy-automation/documentation/opasystemrequirements10-4-2-1873199.pdf)

I don't have any exeperience with the JDeveloper Integrated Server, but you should be able to check by deploying the web-determinations.war or determinations-server.war to the application server. When you build and test the rulebase, you will find the .war files in the project 'release' directory.

You should refer to the relevant JDeveloper documentation as to where the .war files should be deployed.
  • 2. Re: Build and run Rules with Jdev Integrated Web Determination Server
    978978 Newbie
    I already deployed web-determinations.war and determinations-server.war in Weblogic server and successfully test run.

But my requirement is not the above. I have designed the rule in OPM and executed in OPM embadded Tomcat server. Now I want to deploy that rule in weblogic server.

Define the steps in detail to deploy in weblogic server.

Thanks

Dev
  • 3. Re: Build and run Rules with Jdev Integrated Web Determination Server
    frank.hampshire Expert
    There are a couple of ways of deploying a new rulebase into OPA running on weblogic.

These can be found in the documentation in the Oracle Policy Automation Developer's Guide (http://docs.oracle.com/html/E38272_01/toc.htm)

1. The first way is to redploy the OPA runtime .war (web-determinations or determinations-server) when a new rulebase is built. These war files are created in the releases directory of the OPM project. When a new release is built the rulebase is embedded in the .war file

2. The second way is to re-deploy the rulebase only. The rulebase is called <project name>.zip and is found in the output directory of the OPM project.

To use the second approach in weblogic you must configure the OPA runtimes to use an external directory. See the Manage rulebases and application.properties sections of the Oracle Policy Automation Developer's Guide.

Then decide if you want to 'hot-swap' (deploy immediately after copying a new rulebase to this directory. If you do not use hot swapping, you will have to restart the web application when you deploy a new version.

Cheers
    Frank

Edited by: frank.hampshire on Dec 13, 2012 11:35 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points