3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 1:06 PM by fac586 RSS

Set region source to the result of an On Demand Process

I have an On Demand process that outputs dynamic HTML. I want to create a region on a page that displays the result of the process. Is this possible?

If not, is it possible to create a PLSQL region and write code that calls the process?
        • 1. Re: Set region source to the result of an On Demand Process
          fac586
          >

Please update your forum profile with a real handle instead of "973239".
          I have an On Demand process that outputs dynamic HTML. I want to create a region on a page that displays the result of the process. Is this possible?

If not, is it possible to create a PLSQL region and write code that calls the process?
          Move the code to a procedure in a package. It's then fully reusable and can be called from the ODP, PL/SQL region or anywhere else.
          • 2. Re: Set region source to the result of an On Demand Process
            Thanks for the reply. I agree that a package would be the best place to move the code but for the moment I would like to call it from the process. Is it not possible at all?

Ps I will update the username.
            • 3. Re: Set region source to the result of an On Demand Process
              fac586
              973239 wrote:
              Thanks for the reply. I agree that a package would be the best place to move the code but for the moment I would like to call it from the process.
              Right, seeing we're agreed on the best solution, why not just do it?
              Is it not possible at all?
              I can think of at least 2 ways to "reuse" the process, but they require more code and run less efficiently. I see no point in pursuing them when a much better, simpler way exists.