1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2012 1:14 PM by EdStevens

the network adapter could not establish the connection after hostname chang

hi all,

my computer name and ip address are changed after it is moved to another location in a local lan network. however, when i tried to connect my database in oralce 11g (enterprise edition) after, i got this error "the network adapter could not establish the connection" (in sql developer)
      and "Configuring database with database control requires a listener to be configured in the current oracle home. You need run Netca to configure a listener before you can proceed. Otherwise you may choose to continue with database control" (in dbca when i tried to create a new database). i also cannot access my database in OEM becasue it is still refering to old host name with this error message "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at...". i changed the old host name to the new host name in files of listener.ora, listener1212114PM3012.bak, tnsnames.ora, and tnsnames1212114PM3012.bak in folder 'product\11.2.0\dbhome_2\NETWORK\ADMIN'. but it didn't work. can anybody pls tell me what do i need to do to fix the problem. i don't want to reinstall my oracle again because i've done a lot of works already in oracle. thanks in advance.

kind regards,
        1 2 Previous Next