7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2012 3:48 AM by JeromeFr RSS

Scenario execution with log level Zero

I am executing the scenarios with log level zero, but it purges the operator logs on successful execution. With log level Zero, is it possible to stop the automatic purge of the operator logs on successful execution?
        • 1. Re: Scenario execution with log level Zero
          JeromeFr
          Hi,

If you want to keep log of session, you have to set the log level to 1.
          If you also want the steps, set it to 2.
          If you also want the tasks, set it to 3.
          If in addition of all of that, you want the SQL statements set it to 4.
          The complete trace is 5.

So 0 means that everything will be deleted after the execution.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

JeromeFr
          • 2. Re: Scenario execution with log level Zero
            Thanks Jerome,
            But the flow is that i have 3 scenarios:
            1. Scenario A
            2. Scenario B
            3. Scenario C
            Scenario A calls B which calls C. Scenario C executes successfully, then Scenario B finalizes successfully, but then it should have Finalized Scenario A also successfully as making call to Scenario B is its last step, which some how how it doesnt. Scenario B and C are deleted from operator which is OK but it doesnt delete Scenario A and marks it as failed.
            • 3. Re: Scenario execution with log level Zero
              JeromeFr
              What is the log level for each scenario ?

Can you check which step/task of scenario A is marked as failed ?
              • 4. Re: Scenario execution with log level Zero
                Jerome,
                All the steps of Scen C and Scen B succeeds, Just that while returning back the step in Scen A where Scen B has been called fails. I am setting the log level on the execution screen which is captured in Scen A is passed on to the subsequent Scenarios.
                • 5. Re: Scenario execution with log level Zero
                  JeromeFr
                  Is there an error message or something that could lead us to something on this failing step ?
                  • 6. Re: Scenario execution with log level Zero
                    I just get "SnpSession does not exist" error on this, this error is generated if we don't have an entry for that scenario in SNP_Session table. However, ODI if is provided with log level 0 deletes corresponding entries from SNP_Session table on successful completion of a scenario. Which is also happening in my case and entries are being deleted from table for Scen B and Scen C, but since Scen fails it remains in the table. Again, Once I have gotten the log_level in a variable in Scen A i am just making use of that variable in the subsequent scenarios. Also, when executed with log level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 it works jolly good.
                    • 7. Re: Scenario execution with log level Zero
                      JeromeFr
                      Ok so if I understand well, Scen B logs are deleted at the end of Scen B execution, just before giving the hand back to Scen A. So Scen A is not able to check the result of the execution of Scen B.

I think you should open a Service Request on MOS about that.