2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 7:20 AM by user582027 RSS

Contact->Service Request - display only SRs that are owned by the user

Following is the scenario:

User is got access to all Contacts and can see only owned SRs.

User Role - Can Read All Records = YES

User Access Profile

Contact - Readonly
      Related Information under Contact:
      Service Request - View (Inherit Primary does not appear in the drop down)

When I login, I am able to see all Contacts (as per Role set) and also all SRs related to that Contact.

Problem: Only SRs that are owned by the logged in User should appear. Other user's SR should not be displayed under the contact.

I have seen examples of using "Inherit Primary". This option is not available.

How to achieve this functionality ? (Contact - Read All Records and SRs related to Contact should show only logged in users SRs)
        • 1. Re: Contact->Service Request - display only SRs that are owned by the user
          royston goveia
          Here is one way of achieving this:

- Instead of the Service Request Related Information on the Contact Detail Page, create a Web Applet and embed a report that looks like the Service Request Related Information Section.
          - Filter that report with a session variable, login name, and use that login name to filter the corresponding column on that report. On the report add an action link on the SR # so the agents can drill into ther SR Detail page and make updates etc...

This way the logged in user will see only those SR's that he/she owns.

• 2. Re: Contact->Service Request - display only SRs that are owned by the user
            Dear Royston,

Thanks a lot for your response. I tried the steps and it worked fine... though I had trouble getting the parameter values passed... finally sorted out... Thanks.

For others who are trying to pass value through URL:
            P0 - indicates the no. of parameters to be passed
            P1 - indicates the operator to be used.. in my case it was equal
            P2 - field name... get the exact name from the report designer by clicking Formula in the column. (I missed this part and struggled to get the right data for couple of hours)
            P3 - the value for which the data to be filtered. (Get this value from the drop down in Custom Web Applet)

https://secure-ausomxapa.crmondemand.com/OnDemand/user/analytics/saw.dll?Go&Path=%2fshared%2fCompany_AAPA-O9O5F1_Shared_Folder%2fBSC%20Visibilty%20test%20report&Options=rfd&Action=Navigate&*P0=1&P1=eq&P2="- Service Request Custom Attributes".TEXT_54&P3=%%%st53_User_Id%%%*

Suchitra Prakash