This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 4:24 AM by upen Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: ora-12154 TNS Error in DB Link
    kgronau Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    you are using an alias - see the using clause: CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK TENSUITE CONNECT TO "sa" IDENTIFIED BY "Sqladmin4imop" USING 'dg4msql';
    Your alias is dg4msql and this alias has to be present in the tnsnames.ora used by the Oracle database. So please make sure that
    dg4msql =
    <space>(DESCRIPTION=
    <space><space>(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=ISVORA.IMOP.Local)(PORT=1520))
    <space><space>(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=dg4msql))
    <space>(HS=OK)
    <space>)

exists also in the tnsnames.ora of the Oracle database that uses the db link.

As an alternative you can also define the database link with the tns address directly:
    CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK TENSUITE CONNECT TO "sa" IDENTIFIED BY "Sqladmin4imop" USING '(DESCRIPTION=
    (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=ISVORA.IMOP.Local)(PORT=1520))
    (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=dg4msql))
    (HS=OK)
    )';
  • 16. Re: ora-12154 TNS Error in DB Link
    kgronau Guru
    Both instance_name and database_name are optional. If instance_name is omitted and database_name is provided, the slash (/) is required. This can be shown as follows:
    HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO= host_name//database_name

Which instance name we need to provide. (Oracle & SQL Server)

the parameter is related to the SQl Server configuration. when the SQL Server uses the instance method, then you have to specify the instance name. As an alternative you can also use the port number. More details about the connect details can be obtained from the SQL server admin.

BTW, this parameter has nothing to do with the 12154 error you reported earlier. It is an issue with the tns alias you are using in the database link defined with the using clause and it commonly means that this tns alias is not defined in the tnsnames.ora of the Oracle database that contains the database link.
    So please have a look at my previous post and correct the tnsnames.ora of the Oracle database.

- Klaus
  • 17. Re: ora-12154 TNS Error in DB Link
    upen Newbie
    As per your update i was created new db link but i am getting same error
  • 18. Re: ora-12154 TNS Error in DB Link
    kgronau Guru
    please post what you did and the output of the tnsping from the Oracle database machine using tnsping shipped with the Oracle database home:
    tnsping '(DESCRIPTION=
    (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=ISVORA.IMOP.Local)(PORT=1520))
    (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=dg4msql))
    (HS=OK)
    )'
  • 19. Re: ora-12154 TNS Error in DB Link
    upen Newbie
    I got Answer

M- Thanks for your support

Edited by: upen on Dec 11, 2012 4:24 AM
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points