This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 9:54 PM by 978931 RSS

Obiee 10g schema refresh

978931 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

We have obiee installed on source. Client on windows server(with repository) and db schema on HP machine. Informatica, DAC metadata and obiee data are under the same schema in Production(source) . We have to refresh the target schema . If some could help how we could remap the informatica and DAC after the bi_apps schema refresh from target.
I have a doubt if we import the schema from source , it will overwrite the target informatica and DAC metadata als.
Source and target have same kind of structure.

Regards.

Edited by: 975928 on Dec 10, 2012 1:56 AM
  • 1. Re: Obiee 10g schema refresh
    978931 Newbie
    Can i get any reply on this

Regards
  • 2. Re: Obiee 10g schema refresh
    prassu Pro
    Hi,
    Informatica folks need to run some jobs to refresh the target schema once the ETL changes are done.

You can also refresh the schema by update physical layer in the RPD.(Tools-->Utilities)

mar if helpful/correct..

thanks,
    prassu
  • 3. Re: Obiee 10g schema refresh
    978931 Newbie
    I am new to Obiee,
    i understand if i weill update rpd, it will be only about obiee. I want to take care of my informatica and DAC in non prod environment , should be unaffected after schema refresh.
    We have informatica, dac, bi_apps are under same schema.

will it work if i do expdp at prod side using content=data_only. It will not take the dump of metadata.

Regards
    Akash

Edited by: 975928 on Dec 11, 2012 3:39 AM
  • 4. Re: Obiee 10g schema refresh
    978931 Newbie
    --Any reply from Obiee, or informatica experts                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points