4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 9:22 AM by stratmo RSS

multiple field != and statement

I need to filter based on two conditions being true or in this case not true before displaying the information

FILTER("Organization Dimension"."Company Location" USING ("Organization Dimension"."Company Location" != 'Cebu') AND ("Interaction Call Detail"."Interaction Type" <> 'Escalate'))

I tried reducing the statement to one of its components

FILTER("Organization Dimension"."Company Location" USING ("Interaction Call Detail"."Interaction Type" != 'Escalate'))

I ensured that I modelled it after another statment that I had written that does work

FILTER("Dispatch fact"."Dispatch Ticket Count" USING ("Business Residential Dim".BUS_RES_DESC = 'RESIDENTIAL'))

but it keeps kicking an error:

"Function FILTER requires at least one measure attribute in its first argument." Any suggestions?
        • 1. Re: multiple field != and statement
          sb92075
          How do I ask a question on the forums?
          SQL and PL/SQL FAQ
          • 2. Re: multiple field != and statement
            stratmo
            Hi,

in the thread

[url https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=982497] Using FILTER function in oracle answers

a similar question is handled.

Your code
            >
            FILTER("Organization Dimension"."Company Location" 
                        USING ("Organization Dimension"."Company Location" != 'Cebu') 
                        AND ("Interaction Call Detail"."Interaction Type" 'Escalate')
                  )
            and the error-message
            >
            Function FILTER requires at least one measure attribute in its first argument.
            >
            indicates that all your arguments are dimensions. In your code this seems to be the case too. (Datatypes are missing, so I can only judge by column-names)

Your working example

>
            FILTER("Dispatch fact"."Dispatch Ticket Count"
                      USING ("Business Residential Dim".BUS_RES_DESC = 'RESIDENTIAL'))
            shows a fact as first argument.
            Those non-working-examples use only dimensions as arguments.
            As the FILTER-function needs at least one measure. One gets the quoted error-message.
            So please take a closer look at the thread mentioned above and the corresponding ORACLE-Docs.

Bye

stratmo
            • 3. Re: multiple field != and statement
              Thank you so much for the feedback. This was very helpful
              • 4. Re: multiple field != and statement
                stratmo
                Hi,

you are welcome. But the thanks go out to the users of the mentioned thread.

Bye

stratmo