6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 7:49 AM by user626836 RSS

Fusion Middleware installation process

user626836
      Hi everyone,
      I have Weblogic already installed in the same server where I have my Oracle 11g database, but I have not run QuickStart option yet, so now I'm running the installation of Forms and Reports 11g R2, but in the step 12 of 17 is asking me to specify OID credentials. So I need some help from you guys to know which port should am I suppost to use here and which username and password am I suppost to use as well.
      When I connect to Oracle with SQL I use the standard port which is 1521. Is this same port that I need to use as well when I specify OID credentials? The oracle administrator password is the one that I also need to use here?

Thanks in advance guys!!
        • 1. Re: Fusion Middleware installation process
          Fabian
          Hi,

From Step 12 onwards,it used for configuring Oracle Internet Directory.

Follow the below link ,Which provides detailed information for installation of Forms and Reports 11g

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E2426901/doc.11120/e23960/install_screens.htm#BABGBHAG_

Hostname(Your ip address)
          Enter the host name of your Oracle Internet Directory server.

Port(389)
          Enter the port number of your Oracle Internet Directory server. If you do not know the port number, you can run the netstat -an command from the command line to see the port numbers currently being used.

User Name
          Enter an existing Oracle Internet Directory user name with superuser privileges. The default user name is cn=orcladmin.
          You can Create ur own user name,for example "oracle"

Password
          Enter the Oracle Internet Directory user password.
          for example "oracle123"

Regards
          Fabian
          • 2. Re: Fusion Middleware installation process
            user626836
            Hi Fabio and thanks for replying,
            My problem is that when I run the command netstat -an I can see that my server is using many ports for the Listening, so should I use one that is not been used or one that is been used for the Listening?
            I also try to use the login credentials that I use to connect to Oracle when I use SQL, but it says: Could not connect with the given credentials.
            Can you please help me? I'm new on this and this is the first time for me installing this application. I read the document you sent me, but it doesn't say what credentials you need to use or which port to use.
            • 3. Re: Fusion Middleware installation process
              Fabian
              Hi ,

If your installing only Oracle Forms and Reports 11g then there is no need to specify "Application Level Identity Store",Just click uncheck and proceed.
              If you selected Oracle Portal on the Configure Components Screen, you must provide credentials to connect to an Internet Directory server that is up and running.

Regards
              Fabian
              • 4. Re: Fusion Middleware installation process
                user626836
                Ok, I get it now.
                When I installed Weblogic I created a domain and now that I'm installing Forms and Reports 11g R2 is asking me also to create a new domain. Do I have to create another domain?
                • 5. Re: Fusion Middleware installation process
                  Fabian
                  When I installed Weblogic I created a domain and now that I'm installing Forms and Reports 11g R2 is asking me also to create a new domain. Do I have to create another domain?
                  You can only extend a domain only when it was created by the Oracle Forms and Reports installer
                  • 6. Re: Fusion Middleware installation process
                    user626836
                    Hi Fabian,
                    I have Forms and Reports running now, but when I run one of my forms using Oracle Forms Builder I receive a message with the following: FRM-10142: The HTTP Listener is not running on <computer name> at port 9001. Please start the listener or check your runtime preferences.