This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 6:19 AM by VANJ RSS

error while installing a packaged application

juanchoest Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I am getting the following error while trying to install the "Sample Master Detail" application in my apex oracle account on the web. All the others install without problem. What could it be ?

Thanks
Juan

Execution of the statement was unsuccessful. ORA-00001: unique constraint (APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_MESSAGES_IDX1) violated

declare
h varchar2(32767) := null;

begin

h:=h||'Help';

wwv_flow_api.create_message (
p_id=>2456294651379654494 + wwv_flow_api.g_id_offset,
p_flow_id=>wwv_flow.g_flow_id,
p_name=>'HELP',
p_message_language=>'en',
p_message_text=>h);
null;

end;

ORA-00001: unique constraint (APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_MESSAGES_IDX1) violated
  • 1. Re: error while installing a packaged application
    jozef_SVK Journeyer
    Hi Gurus,
    The same error for the Sample Dialog package too.
    J :D
  • 2. Re: error while installing a packaged application
    Hilary Expert
    Hi,

The issue with installing the Sample Dialog and Sample Master Detail packaged applications on this instance was raised in an earlier forum posting (Re: Cannot install Sample Master Detail (Packaged Application) and can be tracked with bug *14749720*. We hope to have the fix applied to the instance in the next instance update. I'll update this thread once the fix has been applied.

Regards,
    Hilary
  • 3. Re: error while installing a packaged application
    Hilary Expert
    Hi Jozef,

Just to let you know, the issue relating to the installation of the Sample Dialog packaged application on apex.oracle.com has now been resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience the issue may have caused.

Regards,
    Hilary
  • 4. Re: error while installing a packaged application
    426127 Newbie
    Is there a resolution for installing the packaged applications into our own 11.2.0.3 instances? We get the same error reported earlier for apex.oracle.com:

Execution of the statement was unsuccessful. ORA-01003: no statement parsed

begin wwv_flow.g_import_in_progress := true; end;
    ORA-01003: no statement parsed

Edited by: Bill Wheeling on Nov 6, 2012 9:41 AM
  • 5. Re: error while installing a packaged application
    Hilary Expert
    Hi Bill,

We've made a patch set exception (PSE), *14749720*, available to resolve the issue reported in the original forum posting for this thread. If you are experiencing the very same error, then applying the PSE to your instance should resolve the issue. The PSE can be obtained from My Oracle Support - just navigate to Patches & Updates, then search for the bug number 14749720 and download the patch.

Regards,
    Hilary
  • 6. Re: error while installing a packaged application
    VANJ Journeyer
    Hilary - As the previous poster mentioned, we are still getting the begin wwv_flow.g_import_in_progress := true; end; ORA-01003: no statement parsed error when installing any packaged application. Looks like PSE 14749720 does not address this. Is there another patch for this applied to apex.oracle.com since it appears to be working fine there? Thanks
  • 7. Re: error while installing a packaged application
    Hilary Expert
    Hi,

The PSE 14749720 was generated to resolve the issue identified in the original posting on this thread, which is not the same error that you have reported, and therefore wouldn't resolve your issue. Have you contacted Oracle Support already to raise an SR for this issue? If so, have you provided credentials to an instance that we can carry out some further investigation on? Do you experience any issues when attempting to import an application via the Import option in Application Builder? We just need to establish whether the issue is specific to Packaged Applications installations or impacting other import facilities in your instance.

Regards,
    Hilary
  • 8. Re: error while installing a packaged application
    VANJ Journeyer
    No, I have not yet contacted Oracle support. I am running the same version of APEX (4.2.0.00.27) as apex.oracle.com. Since packaged applications install fine there but not on my instance, the logical deduction is that apex.oracle.com has some patch installed after it was upgraded to 4.2. Yes, I am able to use the Import function in the Builder to successfully install applications. So the problem would appear to be specific to packaged appplications.

Do you still suggest I work with Oracle Support or is there some patch (that apex.oracle.com has ) I can download to fix this?

As an aside, is there a data dictionary view that lists all the APEX patches applied to an instance? dba_registry shows just one entry with 4.2.0.00.27 but not that additional patches have been applied.

Thanks
  • 9. Re: error while installing a packaged application
    Hilary Expert
    Hi,

I noticed you've updated a second thread (Re: Apex 4.2 - Packaged application installation error re this issue but lets just keep it to this one.

To be honest, I'm not aware of any other packaged-application specific PSE that has been applied to apex.oracle.com, so I think it's best to contact Oracle Support and raise an SR so that we can take a closer look at your instance. We've been unable to reproduce the reported behaviour internally at this point, so hopefully we can get to the bottom of this via the SR.

Regards,
    Hilary
  • 10. Re: error while installing a packaged application
    VANJ Journeyer
    Hilary - Yes, I started that other thread and the responses pointed to bugs 14784118 and 14749720 but they didn't solve the problem. Searching the forum came up with this thread where someone was getting the exact same error I am and in which you had happened to participate. So I jumped into this thread hoping to catch your attention.

I was really hoping that there is some PSE applied to apex.oracle.com that explains it. The only difference that I can see is that I am running Oracle 11.1 while apex.oracle.com is on 11.2. Could that make a difference? But then again, Bill Wheeling in this thread is also running 11.2 and still getting this ORA-01003: no statement parsed error!

Frankly, in all the years I have been working with APEX (version 1.6!) I have never needed to work with Oracle Support via a SR. All the issues I encountered were resolved by members of the APEX team here on this forum via PSEs downloaded from Support. The one or two instances where I did open a SR, the support person referred me to this forum for better guidance!

How does Oracle Support approach these situations? Would they need access to my instance? Are there some troubleshooting, debugging steps I can run and upload the results so that you can get to the bottom of this?

Is the Builder the only way to install these packaged applications? Are they provided in the software distribution so we can install via the command-line API? Any other ideas?

Thanks
  • 11. Re: error while installing a packaged application
    Hilary Expert
    Hi (I don't know your name to address you fully, sorry),
    Frankly, in all the years I have been working with APEX (version 1.6!) I have never needed to work with Oracle Support via a SR. All the issues I encountered were resolved by members of the APEX team here on this forum via PSEs downloaded from Support. The one or two instances where I did open a SR, the support person referred me to this forum for better guidance!
    I'm on the APEX dev team, and I've discussed this issue with another member of the APEX dev team and we feel it's best to go down the Oracle Support route, given that we can't currently reproduce the issue and therefore cannot provide a PSE to resolve it. If it was a case that we could pinpoint the cause of the problem, and easily address via the forum, we certainly would. However, that's not the case right now unfortunately.
    How does Oracle Support approach these situations? Would they need access to my instance? Are there some troubleshooting, debugging steps I can run and upload the results so that you can get to the bottom of this?
    I don't work in Oracle Support, so I can't provide specifics on their exact process. Potentially we may require access to your instance, or alternatively provide debugging steps if necessary.
    Is the Builder the only way to install these packaged applications? Are they provided in the software distribution so we can install via the command-line API? Any other ideas?
    Yes, it is the only way to install Packaged Applications.

If you're really not keen to go down the SR route, then potentially you may wish to hold off until you've had a chance to install our upcoming 4.2.1 patch release, once it's been made available. I can't disclose when that patch will be made available, other than to say soon. There's still no guarantee that the patch will actually resolve your issue, given that you've already installed the package-application related PSE, but potentially one of the other bug fixes that has gone into the release will.

Regards,
    Hilary
  • 12. Re: error while installing a packaged application
    VANJ Journeyer
    Hilary - I asked our DBA to open a SR, the number is SR 3-6553142501 : Unable to install packaged applications in Oracle Apex

Looks like apex.oracle.com has been upgraded to 4.2.1. When did this happen?

I am almost positive that I was able to install packaged apps on apex.oracle.com even when it was on 4.2.0.00.27 (same as the publicly available version) but not on my instance. But now since the versions are different, the support person is pointing to the different versions as a cause! This is what I was afraid of. To be honest, given that I was getting the error on my instance but not on apex.oracle.com, even when both systems (mine and apex.oracle.com) was on the same version of APEX, I am not very hopeful that the 4.2.1 patch will fix my situation since the root cause has not been identified. I just don't want to wait for 4.2.1 to be released, apply it and find out that the issue is still there. Can you share the list of bugs fixed in 4.2.1 to see if any of them may apply to this situation?

Any other ideas? What diagnostics can I provide to help you get to the bottom of this? Frankly, Oracle Support, as I found in the past, is not very well qualified to resolve APEX-related SRs. Can you please assist or direct Support appropriately? Thanks, appreciate your help.

Since I have the Builder app installed in my instance, I inspected the final page of the packaged app install wizard (4000:83) to see what APIs it uses and ran it manually as SYSTEM. This is what I get. Does that help narrow down the issue?
    SQL> alter session set current_schema=apex_040200;

Session altered.

SQL> exec wwv_flow_pkg_app_install.install_db_app(7050,'SCOTT');
    BEGIN wwv_flow_pkg_app_install.install_db_app(7050,'SCOTT'); END;

ERROR at line 1:
    ORA-20987: APEX - Execution  of the statement was unsuccessful. ORA-01003: no
    statement parsed
    <pre>begin wwv_flow.g_import_in_progress := true; end;</pre> - ORA-01003: no
    statement parsed
    ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_ERROR", line 853
    ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_ERROR", line 888
    ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_PKG_APP_INSTALL", line 376
    ORA-06512: at line 1
  • 13. Re: error while installing a packaged application
    VANJ Journeyer
    Hilary - Any update on this? FYI our DBA upgraded our instance to 4.2.1 but we are still getting the error. Does my last post with error line numbers help narrow down the issue? Can you please assist or direct Support appropriately? Thanks, appreciate your help.
  • 14. Re: error while installing a packaged application
    Hilary Expert
    Hi,

I contacted Oracle Support two days ago regarding your SR, providing a number of action points that I'd like you or your DBA to execute against your instance. I believe your SR was updated yesterday, so if you could follow up on those action points that would be great. Rather than updating two different places, we can just stick to updating the SR regarding your issue.

Regards,
    Hilary
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points