This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 12:10 PM by Marc Sewtz RSS

4.2 mobile packaged apps

j4john Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if any of the packaged applications have a mobile UI?
Is there any way to tell, other than by installing, unlocking and examining the UI properties?
Is there any plan to upgrade the packaged apps to support mobile?

Thanks

jd
  • 1. Re: 4.2 mobile packaged apps
    adrianp Newbie
    I believe most (if not all) of the productivity apps provided by Oracle have a mobile interface. Check out the buttons on the top-right.
  • 2. Re: 4.2 mobile packaged apps
    j4john Newbie
    Thanks adrianp.

May I ask what evidence your belief is based on?

Buttons on the top right? Of where? The Packaged Applications tab of the Builder provides no relevant info...

jd
  • 3. Re: 4.2 mobile packaged apps
    adrianp Newbie
    You'll have to install and run the application to access the "mobile" button. And if you looked at the application information, you should see the same icons in the screenshot. Hope I'm answering your question.

Edited by: adrianp on Dec 10, 2012 3:31 PM
  • 4. Re: 4.2 mobile packaged apps
    scott.wesley Guru
    In addition to Adrian's information - some these applications (particularly the sample apps) are there to showcase & demonstrate features of 4.2, so yes - they do have mobile UI.
  • 5. Re: 4.2 mobile packaged apps
    Marc Sewtz Pro
    All,

Just to clarify, the Sample Database Application in APEX 4.2 is using our APEX 4.2 mobile features and this application can be used as a showcase / example for mobile development. Several of the other packaged applications also include mobile pages, however those mobile pages were built based on the mobile features available with APEX 4.1, which were fairly limited compared to APEX 4.2. So while those mobile pages are working just fine, I would advice looking at the Sample Database Application as a reference. With the APEX 4.2.1 patch set we are planning to update the packaged applications to use an up-to-date mobile implementation.

Regards,
    Marc

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points