This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2012 11:47 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files

user4434301 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello:

I am doing a first-time clone from my PRD to my TST instance, and have undergone the following steps:

1. perl adpreclone.pl dbTier on Source DB
2. perl adpreclone.pl appsTier on Source AppTier
3. Copy APPL_TOP, COMMON_TOP, ORACLE_HOME, IAS_ORACLE_HOME from Source AppTier to Target AppTier.
4. Run perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack on Target DB.

At this point is where I start running into issues. The dbTechStack deletes/recreates the tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora, and listener.ora files, and the DB can no longer startup. The below is in the logfiles. Am I doing something wrong? I guess the issue is not so much with it deleting/recreating the files, as it is with the values it puts into the files (i.e. DB port = 3001)

Executing Technology Stack Configuration...
Executing runAutoConfig...

Deleting files of type INSTALL

Checking for file: /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin/WMSTST_x07tst00/sqlnet.ora
File exists
File deleted
Processing driver file: /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/template/addbtmpl.drv

Checking for file: /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/install/WMSTST_x07tst00/txkConfigDbOcm.pl
File exists
File deleted

Checking for file: /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/dbs/initWMSTST.ora
File exists
File deleted

Checking for file: /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin/WMSTST_x07tst00/listener.ora
File exists
File deleted

Checking for file: /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin/WMSTST_x07tst00/tnsnames.ora
File exists
File deleted
Testing for RAC specific parameters before running autoconfig
No RAC specific parameters were found, running with CVM
Starting CVM in INSTE8_SETUP mode

Using Context file : /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/WMSTST_x07tst00.xml

Attempting to create a back up of the Context file
Created back up file of name :
/u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/out/WMSTST_x07tst00/12111155/WMSTST_x07tst00.xml
===========================================================================
Starting synchronization of file system Context file and its templates with those in the database

Database connection : Failed
OAM Context editing support feature: Unverified
OAM Customization support feature : Unverified

File system template : /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/template/adxdbctx.tmp

Checking for customizations to Context template
Warning: Unable to connect to Database.
If the system is OAM enabled, this may result in loss of customizations.
Looking for custom template at : /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/template/custom/adxdbctx.tmp
Custom template : Not available
Customizations found : None
----------------------------------------------------------------
File system Context file :/u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/WMSTST_x07tst00.xml

Checking the Context file for possible updates from the Database
If the system is OAM enabled, this may result in loss of customizations and the Context files in DataBase and in the file system may be unsynchronized

Thanks!

Edited by: user4434301 on Dec 11, 2012 12:39 PM
  • 1. Re: adcfgclone.pl dbTier on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Please post the details of the application release, database version and OS.
    4. Run perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack on Target DB.
    Any reason you are using dbTechStack option if you are cloning everything?
    Are you only configuring the RDBMS ORACLE_HOME? If not and you want to create the database then you should use dbTier instead of dbTechStack option.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: adcfgclone.pl dbTier on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files
    user4434301 Newbie
    App R12.1.1, DB 11.1.0.7, OS RHEL 5.8

I am using adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack because that is what Oracle Support suggested, as we are doing a DB restore from RMAN backup once this step is finished.

I am not sure if dbTier would impact this any differently...what are the main differences in the two commands?
  • 3. Re: adcfgclone.pl dbTier on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files
    user4434301 Newbie
    Also, I noticed I typed dbTier in the original subject! That's been changed...
  • 4. Re: adcfgclone.pl dbTier on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files
    If you use RMAN, then dbTechStack is the right one.

Can you please upload the log file to any free hosting website and post the link here so we can review it?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 5. Re: adcfgclone.pl dbTier on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files
    user4434301 Newbie
    Thanks!!!

ApplyDBTechStack

Edited by: user4434301 on Dec 11, 2012 1:41 PM
  • 6. Re: adcfgclone.pl dbTier on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files
    I do not see any errors in the log file and the log file shows "ApplyDBTechStack Completed Successfully".

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 7. Re: adcfgclone.pl dbTier on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files
    user4434301 Newbie
    Thanks for having a look, sir.

Yes, that is at the bottom of the file, however, my question was why does the adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack script replace the previously existing listener, tnsnames, and sqlnet files and replace them with newly generated ones which contain unknown values for ports, etc?

Also, if you notice in the file, there are points where the script cannot connect to the database. Why is that? The port values?

Starting synchronization of file system Context file and its templates with those in the database

Database connection     : Failed
    OAM Context editing support feature: Unverified
    OAM Customization support feature  : Unverified

File system template    : /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/template/adxdbctx.tmp

Checking for customizations to Context template
    If the system is OAM enabled, this may result in loss of customizations.
    Looking for custom template at : /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/template/custom/adxdbctx.tmp
    Custom template         : Not available
    Customizations found    : None
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    File system Context file :/u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/WMSTST_x07tst00.xml

Checking the Context file for possible updates from the Database
  • 8. Re: adcfgclone.pl dbTier on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files
    The port I see in the log file is 1521, so did you use to have a different port? If yes, then this should be fixed after you open the database and run "perl adcfgclone.pl dbconfig [Database target context file]" command (which is Step 6 under the same section in the Rapid Clone doc). When you run this command you will be using the existing database target context file and it should populate the env/configuration files with the correct values. You need to bounce the database version once the command is completed successfully.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 9. Re: adcfgclone.pl dbTier on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files
    user4434301 Newbie
    Hussein,

I am not following you now, I'm just trying to figure out why the adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack script replace the previously existing listener, tnsnames, and sqlnet files and replace them with newly generated ones which contain unknown values for ports, etc? As far as I can tell, the DB port is now set to 3001?

Subsequent attempts to run perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack end in the following:

-      4% completed       RC-00110: Fatal: Error occurred while relinking of ApplyDBTechStack

ERROR while running Apply...
    Fri Dec 14 16:32:31 2012

ERROR: Failed to execute /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/clone/bin/adclone.pl

Please check logfile.
  • 10. Re: adcfgclone.pl dbTier on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files
    user4434301 wrote:
    Hussein,

I am not following you now, I'm just trying to figure out why the adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack script replace the previously existing listener, tnsnames, and sqlnet files and replace them with newly generated ones which contain unknown values for ports, etc? As far as I can tell, the DB port is now set to 3001?

Subsequent attempts to run perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack end in the following:

-      4% completed       RC-00110: Fatal: Error occurred while relinking of ApplyDBTechStack

ERROR while running Apply...
    Fri Dec 14 16:32:31 2012

ERROR: Failed to execute /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/clone/bin/adclone.pl

Please check logfile.
    What is the complete error message this time?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 11. Re: adcfgclone.pl dbTier on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files
    user4434301 Newbie
    http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gfeddf7ccab47c75f999183961aa864f0fb6482886

I have since patched the source DB to the latest AD versions. The entire logfile from the latest attempt is linked above, but the error is here:

[AutoConfig Error Report]
    The following report lists errors AutoConfig encountered during each
    phase of its execution. Errors are grouped by directory and phase.
    The report format is:
    <filename> <phase> <return code where appropriate>

[INSTANTIATE PHASE]
    AutoConfig could not successfully instantiate the following files:
    Directory: /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/install/WMSTST_x07tst00
    adcrdb.sh INSTE8

AutoConfig is exiting with status 1

RC-50014: Fatal: Execution of AutoConfig was failed
    Raised by oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyDBTechStack
  • 12. Re: adcfgclone.pl dbTier on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files
    user4434301 wrote:
    http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gfeddf7ccab47c75f999183961aa864f0fb6482886

I have since patched the source DB to the latest AD versions. The entire logfile from the latest attempt is linked above, but the error is here:

[AutoConfig Error Report]
    The following report lists errors AutoConfig encountered during each
    phase of its execution. Errors are grouped by directory and phase.
    The report format is:
    <filename> <phase> <return code where appropriate>

[INSTANTIATE PHASE]
    AutoConfig could not successfully instantiate the following files:
    Directory: /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/install/WMSTST_x07tst00
    adcrdb.sh INSTE8

AutoConfig is exiting with status 1

RC-50014: Fatal: Execution of AutoConfig was failed
    Raised by oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyDBTechStack
    Please see (On Release 12 adcfgclone is failing with AC-00423, RC-50014 adcrdb.sh missing from file system [ID 549872.1]).

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 13. Re: adcfgclone.pl dbTier on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files
    user4434301 Newbie
    Excellent. I copied the template file from another instance and the following messages were at the end of the logfile:

Skipping Profile Phase
    Skipping Apply Phase
    Completed runAutoConfig...
    ApplyDBTechStack Completed Successfully.

However I'm not completely certain this is entirely correct preclone. Can you tell me why the Profile and Apply Phases were skipped and why the following was displayed upon the screen on completion?

Completed Apply...
    Tue Dec 18 11:25:39 2012

Starting database listener for WMSTST:
    Running:
    /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/scripts/WMSTST_x07tst00/addlnctl.sh start WMSTST
    Logfile: /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/log/WMSTST_x07tst00/addlnctl.txt

You are running addlnctl.sh version 120.1.12010000.4

Starting listener process WMSTST ...

LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 11.1.0.7.0 - Production on 18-DEC-2012 11:25:39

Copyright (c) 1991, 2008, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Starting /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/bin/tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for Linux: Version 11.1.0.7.0 - Production
    System parameter file is /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin/WMSTST_x07tst00/listener.ora
    Log messages written to /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/log/diag/tnslsnr/x07tst00/wmstst/alert/log.xml
    TNS-01151: Missing listener name, WMSTST, in LISTENER.ORA

Listener failed to start. See the error message(s) above...

addlnctl.sh: exiting with status 1

addlnctl.sh: check the logfile /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/log/WMSTST_x07tst00/addlnctl.txt for more information ...

That file shows the following:

Starting database listener for WMSTST:
    Running:
    /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/scripts/WMSTST_x07tst00/addlnctl.sh start WMSTST
    Logfile: /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/log/WMSTST_x07tst00/addlnctl.txt

You are running addlnctl.sh version 120.1.12010000.4

Starting listener process WMSTST ...

LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 11.1.0.7.0 - Production on 18-DEC-2012 11:25:39

Copyright (c) 1991, 2008, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Starting /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/bin/tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for Linux: Version 11.1.0.7.0 - Production
    System parameter file is /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin/WMSTST_x07tst00/listener.ora
    Log messages written to /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/log/diag/tnslsnr/x07tst00/wmstst/alert/log.xml

Listener failed to start. See the error message(s) above...

addlnctl.sh: exiting with status 1

addlnctl.sh: check the logfile /u01/oracle/WMSTST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/log/WMSTST_x07tst00/addlnctl.txt for more information ...

Should I have stopped the DB or listener before running the script?

Edited by: user4434301 on Dec 18, 2012 9:18 AM
  • 14. Re: adcfgclone.pl dbTier on Target DB removes listener and tnsnames files
    EBSDBA Expert
    Hi,
    Make sure your listener.ora file contains

WMSTST=(

......)

SID_LIST_WMSTST=(
    )

Thanks
1 2 Previous Next

Legend