This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 5:14 AM by EdStevens RSS

the network adapter could not establish the connection after hostname chang

user571093 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi all,

my computer name and ip address are changed after it is moved to another location in a local lan network. however, when i tried to connect my database in oralce 11g (enterprise edition) after, i got this error "the network adapter could not establish the connection" (in sql developer)
and "Configuring database with database control requires a listener to be configured in the current oracle home. You need run Netca to configure a listener before you can proceed. Otherwise you may choose to continue with database control" (in dbca when i tried to create a new database). i also cannot access my database in OEM becasue it is still refering to old host name with this error message "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at...". i changed the old host name to the new host name in files of listener.ora, listener1212114PM3012.bak, tnsnames.ora, and tnsnames1212114PM3012.bak in folder 'product\11.2.0\dbhome_2\NETWORK\ADMIN'. but it didn't work. can anybody pls tell me what do i need to do to fix the problem. i don't want to reinstall my oracle again because i've done a lot of works already in oracle. thanks in advance.

kind regards,
hong
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points