This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2012 10:41 AM by Brandye Barrington RSS

Unsatifed with Oracle Certification

979128 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I just take my exam for IZ0-821 yesterday. During the exam, i saw question no 42 need to choose two(2) answer , but the answer option for that question is only allow 1 answer to be selected. It is unfair for me because that time i had ask the examiner to check the question and she only can said that 'please make complaint to oracle about this question'. i am very upset for this and really need 1 more question to pass this exam.

Thank you.
  • 1. Re: Unsatifed with Oracle Certification
    bigdelboy Pro
    user13769122 wrote:
    Hi,

I just take my exam for IZ0-821 yesterday. During the exam, i saw question no 42 need to choose two(2) answer , but the answer option for that question is only allow 1 answer to be selected. It is unfair for me because that time i had ask the examiner to check the question and she only can said that 'please make complaint to oracle about this question'. i am very upset for this and really need 1 more question to pass this exam.

Thank you.
    She is right insofar as it may be appropriate to you to raise the question to Oracle:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP

That said, if you are borderline pass more study is required. But I appreciate more money is required as well for a retake.

As I say raise an SR and if that question is incorrectly worded and you are very very borderline on pass then they perhaps may offer a reduced price retake. Some questions specifically say 'best' option to test you; and perhaps one of the two is better than the other..

Edited by: bigdelboy on 10-Dec-2012 23:40 -- I'll add a little more .... apologies this has to be a really quick comments as I am extremely pressed for time.

I believe the current pass mark for this exam is 64% on 75 questions .... ie 48 answers right. You can still pass with 27 of 75 answers wrong

(0) It is tough just failing an exam. But it can be an indicator you need to study a little more. ( You are answering 36% of questions incorrectly ..... arguably that is quite a high amount).
    (1) It is possible that this question was an unscored question.
    (2) The pass mark is 64%. I assume your got 47 out of 75 correct. If we void the disputed question you got 47 on 74 .....which is less than 64% right ...

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Some other points
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

(1) On beta exams, and in the old Prometric days, if I recall correctly there was opportunity for a comment button on the exam with regard to a question. Making a comment eats from exam time (and on a beta when they'd like the comments back that can be pretty hard to do). I have a feeling comment button is not currently available on existing exams.

(2) In the prometric days if i recall correctly the phrasing was often (to choose the best option). This allows a better resolution.

(3) Others who have taken the exam have risked the same issue.

(4) I normally and i suspect (from my experience) most guru's would expect that most exams have one or two dodgy or ambiguous questions.

(5) If I recall correctly from at least one exam at beta (1z0-820?) one or two questions had questionable typos/grammar/punctuation. I suspect most are sorted before production but one or two may be wrong.

(6) All said and done if Oracle carefully reviews such a disputed question I suspect the probability is that the dispute is unfounded, possibly due to some misunderstanding of the question. However that is the probability. You case may be different.

Regardless of the outcome you will probably need to re-take the exam. Good luck with the further study, you may find it beneficial long term and better luck next time. Aim to improve your score by 10% or more! Good Luck!

(Again I have not had time to review this answer).
  • 2. Re: Unsatifed with Oracle Certification
    Rahul_India Journeyer
    bigdelboy wrote:
    user13769122 wrote:
    Hi,

Thank you.
    She is right insofar as it may be appropriate to you to raise the question to Oracle:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP

That said, if you are borderline pass more study is required. But I appreciate more money is required as well for a retake.

As I say raise an SR and if that question is incorrectly worded and you are very very borderline on pass then they perhaps may offer a reduced price retake. Some questions specifically say 'best' option to test you; and perhaps one of the two is better than the other..

Edited by: bigdelboy on 10-Dec-2012 23:40 -- I'll add a little more .... apologies this has to be a really quick comments as I am extremely pressed for time.

I believe the current pass mark for this exam is 64% on 75 questions .... ie 48 answers right. You can still pass with 27 of 75 answers wrong

(0) It is tough just failing an exam. But it can be an indicator you need to study a little more. ( You are answering 36% of questions incorrectly ..... arguably that is quite a high amount).
    (1) It is possible that this question was an unscored question.
    (2) The pass mark is 64%. I assume your got 47 out of 75 correct. If we void the disputed question you got 47 on 74 .....which is less than 64% right ...

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Some other points
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

(1) On beta exams, and in the old Prometric days, if I recall correctly there was opportunity for a comment button on the exam with regard to a question. Making a comment eats from exam time (and on a beta when they'd like the comments back that can be pretty hard to do). I have a feeling comment button is not currently available on existing exams.

(2) In the prometric days if i recall correctly the phrasing was often (to choose the best option). This allows a better resolution.

(3) Others who have taken the exam have risked the same issue.

(4) I normally and i suspect (from my experience) most guru's would expect that most exams have one or two dodgy or ambiguous questions.

(5) If I recall correctly from at least one exam at beta (1z0-820?) one or two questions had questionable typos/grammar/punctuation. I suspect most are sorted before production but one or two may be wrong.

(6) All said and done if Oracle carefully reviews such a disputed question I suspect the probability is that the dispute is unfounded, possibly due to some misunderstanding of the question. However that is the probability. You case may be different.

Regardless of the outcome you will probably need to re-take the exam. Good luck with the further study, you may find it beneficial long term and better luck next time. Aim to improve your score by 10% or more! Good Luck!

(Again I have not had time to review this answer).
    It very unfair on the part of oracle to give wrong questions during the exam
  • 3. Re: Unsatifed with Oracle Certification
    Roger25 Explorer
    I agree with you! It seems that Oracle likes to take the money from the candidates, but at the exam.. surprise! wrong questions and answers! Then why is that beta period before a production exam?!
  • 4. Re: Unsatifed with Oracle Certification
    Rahul_India Journeyer
    Roger22 wrote:
    I agree with you! It seems that Oracle likes to take the money from the candidates, but at the exam.. surprise! wrong questions and answers! Then why is that beta period before a production exam?!
    I dont know about beta period.I have not give any oracle exam yet but i will be giving soon.
  • 5. Re: Unsatifed with Oracle Certification
    Roger25 Explorer
    Beta exams are pre-production exams used by Oracle to evaluate new exam questions with the participation of a live audience. Beta exam questions go through a rigorous development and evaluation process before being released to the public. Data gathered during beta testing are used to select the best questions for the production exam, and to eliminate questions that are ambiguous, too easy or too difficult, or unhelpful in evaluating a participant's knowledge. Beta exams are offered at a deeply discounted price; candidates usually have 3 to 3.5 hours to complete the exam, and may see 175 - 220 questions.
  • 6. Re: Unsatifed with Oracle Certification
    Rahul_India Journeyer
    Roger22 wrote:
    Beta exams are pre-production exams used by Oracle to evaluate new exam questions with the participation of a live audience. Beta exam questions go through a rigorous development and evaluation process before being released to the public. Data gathered during beta testing are used to select the best questions for the production exam, and to eliminate questions that are ambiguous, too easy or too difficult, or unhelpful in evaluating a participant's knowledge. Beta exams are offered at a deeply discounted price; candidates usually have 3 to 3.5 hours to complete the exam, and may see 175 - 220 questions.
    Ok got it.
    But still i havent got the answer.
    If OP really got the wrong question
  • 7. Re: Unsatifed with Oracle Certification
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Rahul,
    bigdelboy gave you the best advice. Please submit an SR to Oracle Certification Support http://bit.ly/KMsuH3 and give as much detailed information as possible, including the date you took your exam and your Oracle Testing ID. They will have someone review this.

Contrary to Roger22's comment insinuating that Oracle exams are rife with mistakes, we take exam validity very very seriously - it is our bread and butter. It is rare that blatant mistakes are found in exams, but when they are, we go out of our way to get them fixed quickly and also to determine if any candidates have been affected by these mistakes so that we can ensure exams were graded fairly. We understand that there is a lot of time, effort and money that goes into getting certified and we respect that this is a very important step for candidates.

Please submit an SR about this and the support team will have this exam as well as your specific exam reviewed.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points