This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 7:24 AM by Maqsood Hussain RSS

map viwer tables

user607649 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi
I am triying to configure my map viewer into analytics.
I followed below steps.(But i cant able to imp .dmp backup into my db)
http://prasadmadhasi.com/2011/11/13/google-maps-based-background-maps-in-obiee11g11-1-1-5-0/

My quetion is:
What are the tables need create in my db,
What are the SP and Function to be load into my DB
Give me some sample data example.(I don t want to load any dmp files)
How each country wise map it will display my report based on ?

Thanks
Gram.
  • 1. Re: map viwer tables
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Check this link http://obieelive.blogspot.com/2012/06/map-viewer-configuration-in-obiee.html and follow other parts.
  • 2. Re: map viwer tables
    user607649 Newbie
    Hi veera,
    Already i have this path.Anyway thanks.
    Once download world_sample and pushed into my db.In my db have the around 23 tables,after import dump file.My question is what is the use of those tables?
    How interact those tables into maps.How will display maps(we need to stored map image any where or ?).I have to do own without dump file.So what are the steps we need to do.(In my office db dont have privilige to load sample data.)
    What data we have to insert tables.and what are the tables manitory.

Thanks
    Gram
  • 3. Re: map viwer tables
    Maqsood Hussain Journeyer
    Hi Raj,

I am not very thorough with the use of tables, but here is what I understand

In my db have the around 23 tables,after import dump file.My question is what is the use of those tables?

The dump files has spacial data or SDO geometry data. Like for states , city , country etc. You can see in the tables, there are co ordinates given for these entities.

How interact those tables into maps

In Manage Map Data you have to specify the Subject Area. Column Name to map to a Column in these tables. So its a kind of join you create between the Subject Area Column and the Spacial Data columns.

I have to do own without dump file.

You can buy spacial data from Navteq.

Hope this helps

Thanks
  • 4. Re: map viwer tables
    user607649 Newbie
    Thanks a lot.Could you pls let me know How will import world map or each country wise map(images).It will fetch from tables. or ?

Thanks
    gram
  • 5. Re: map viwer tables
    Maqsood Hussain Journeyer
    Hi,

No the images are not present in Tables. The images will be stored on the server in case of Internal Maps (DEMO_MAP).

In case of External maps, Google Maps and Bing Maps the images(Background Maps) are shown from either external location (websites) or they are copied to server from external location.

Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points