This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 8:43 AM by 979308 RSS

IIS application pool hangs

979308 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have an environment with below configuration:

IIS 6.0 and ORACLE 10g as DB server.

Frequently App pool hangs atleast once a day. I need to recycle the app pool to get it back on track.

When I took the crash dump I can see below error msgs. Can you advice what is going wrong here?

*******************************************************************************************************************************

WARNING - DebugDiag was unable to locate debug symbols for oip10.dll, so the information below may be incomplete.

Detected possible blocking or leaked critical section at oip10!DllUnregisterServer+c1ed1 owned by thread 18 in w3wp.exe__1920733981_Job__PID__5544__Date__12_11_2012__Time_09_28_46AM__645__Manual Dump.dmp

Impact of this lock

39.47% of threads blocked

(Threads 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 35)

The following functions are trying to enter this critical section
oip10!DllUnregisterServer+3c8cf
oip10!DllUnregisterServer+3c184

The following module(s) are involved with this critical section
H:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\BIN\oip10.dll from Oracle Corporation

*******************************************************************************************************************************

thanks.
  • 1. Re: IIS application pool hangs
    gdarling - oracle Expert
    Hi,

It looks like you're using Oracle Objects for OLE, not Oracle Providers for ASP.NET which this forum deals with.

OO4O is pretty much an obsolete product these days. It only comes in 32 bit flavor, is not supported on a 64 bit OS, and won't exist in 12c as I understand it. The recommended migration path is ODP.NET.

You don't state what version of oo4o/client you're using, but my best suggestion is to get up to the latest software levels to see if that helps. For 10.2, that'd be 10.2.0.5. For 11g that'd be 11.2.0.3

I see at least one bug where dllunregisterserver shows up in the stack, and that was fixed in 10.2.0.2.20. Hopefully the lastest software level helps resolve the problem. If not, you'll need to open a SR with support and provide memory dumps of the hung application. We can file a bug to get the dumps looked at, but it may be an uphill battle.

To pre-emptively answer "where can I get the 10205 patch", you get it from My Oracle Support, and you need to have a support contract. You can also get OO4O as part of the 32 bit ODAC download though.. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/downloads/index-101290.html

Hope it helps,
    Greg

Edited by: gdarling on Dec 11, 2012 4:17 PM
    corrected download link
  • 2. Re: IIS application pool hangs
    979308 Newbie
    Thanks Greg for your response.

I am using OO4O connection as the front end code is written in Classic ASP.
    The oracle client on Windows server is 10.2.0.1.0

Would you recommend to go for an oracle client upgrade? Please advice.

Thanks.
  • 3. Re: IIS application pool hangs
    gdarling - oracle Expert
    Yes, I'd recommend using software more recent than 10201.
    Greg
  • 4. Re: IIS application pool hangs
    979308 Newbie
    Thanks Greg will try that.
    Do you have any other suggestion?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points